Darksiders 2

All Support for the PS3

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Darksiders 2

Postby Lux » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 pm

I put the cheats on but only 2 of them work (Health Potion/Wrath Potion)

The max skill points doesn't work, is it out dated or something?
Lux

Re: Darksiders 2

Postby Archetype13 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:18 pm

I've also started having problems with the GG and Darksiders 2. I started getting a lot of Windows messages saying files on the GG needed fixed, then started getting actual GG messages saying my save had to be deleted. I was on NG+ when the advanced mode stonebite stat increase cheat stopped working. None of my stats would increase. I decided to just start another save with a fresh game and this time max out all of those stats before I moved on from Blackroot. Worked twice before my GG decided my save was jacked up and made me delete it.
Archetype13

Postby Lux » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:45 pm

Is it because they've come out with a recent update for the game?
Lux

Postby Archetype13 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:18 pm

That was my first thought, too. However, there have been no Darksiders 2 updates for a while as THQ went bankrupt early this year and is in the process of being sold off piece by piece. I've even tried deleting all the game data and starting over fresh without even the old updates, same issues.
Archetype13

Postby GenieLamp » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:15 am

Archetype13 wrote:I've also started having problems with the GG and Darksiders 2. I started getting a lot of Windows messages saying files on the GG needed fixed, then started getting actual GG messages saying my save had to be deleted. I was on NG+ when the advanced mode stonebite stat increase cheat stopped working. None of my stats would increase. I decided to just start another save with a fresh game and this time max out all of those stats before I moved on from Blackroot. Worked twice before my GG decided my save was jacked up and made me delete it.

I assume Windows popped up a message about the USB drive having potential issues and needed scanning to fix these issues. It sounds like the filesystem has issues and Windows wanted to try and fix them. That's nothing to do with Game Genie. If you then started getting a message which said the save was invalid while running Game Genie, it means the files it checks for were not present/could not check for. This could be related to the corruption of the filesystem.

My advice would be to backup everything on the USB drive and then format it and then copy the information back. Remember that if any of the saves were corrupted before you copied them to your computer, copying them back to a freshly formatted USB drive will not make them magically work again :(
GenieLamp
Game Genie Overlord

Postby GenieLamp » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:16 am

Lux wrote:I put the cheats on but only 2 of them work (Health Potion/Wrath Potion)

The max skill points doesn't work, is it out dated or something?

As far as I am aware, everything works and no one else has reported an issue with this game.
GenieLamp
Game Genie Overlord

Postby amado carrillo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:46 pm

i had an issue with that game the codes work but im not alowed to save. and that goes for almost every game i use the gg the codes work but i dont get to save or get trofies
that games tell me that thats another players save and i cant save even when i reasind the saves it still tells me their from a difrent player. can some one tell me if this is fixable or is going to do that with every game now ???????????
amado carrillo
GG Fan

Postby chrisroberts2470 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Amado carrillo,
I don't have the game, but I had the same problem happen to me on other games using the GG USB. I fixed this problem by using another USB b/c I knew I was resigning saves correctly so try using another USB and if it still happens, just PM a GG team member for help.
chrisroberts2470
Game Genie Addict

Return to Support for Game Genie Save Editor for Playstation 3