Tutorial for Advanced Mode/Code Creation*WIP*

Moderators: ss4gogeta069, Gaarasaiyan

Tutorial for Advanced Mode/Code Creation*WIP*

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Ok guys to create quick mode codes you'll need basic understanding of hex and advanced mode. After that you will need to understand code types. I cannot disclose any of Game Genie's secret code types but I can help explain the ones that have been made public. Let's start with basic explanation of our counting system which is decimal and then how to convert that to hex using a hex key.

We use the decimal counting system where we start at 1 and count as high as we need to and what we count to is the exact value we say it is. 150 is 150, but in hex 150 isn't 150 if you were trying to find 150 in advanced mode you would be looking for 96 as 96 in hex = 150 in decimal. Confusing at first I know but let me explain further using the hex key I was talking about...

HEX KEY:
00-09 in hex/advanced mode = 0-9 in decimal
0A-0F in hex/advanced mode = 10-15 in decimal
Here is where it gets tricky... if 0F is 15 what would 16 be...? The answer is 10.
10 in hex/advanced mode = 16 in decimal.
Because Hex count is no higher than F, the digits shift and start again.
10=16, 11=17, 12=18, 13= 19, 14=20 and so on up till 1F which is 31. Once it has reached F it starts again After 1F (31 in dec) comes 20 (32 in dec)
Now you have a basic understanding of how hex works hopefully I will show you an easy way to convert Dec to Hex and vice versa

Open up windows calculator
Calculator basic.png

Switch to programmer view
Switch to programmer.png

enter a value you want to find
Programmer dec.png

click hex to instantly convert it.
Programmer hex.png

That is all there is to converting dec to hex and vice versa...
Now onto actually opening GG and a game in advanced mode to find what you may be looking for. I will be using Hard Corps: Uprising as it was just released and is a very easy save to get started with if your completely new to all this. I will be showing you how I found the CP for the characters.
First things first you need to create a save and put it on your usb and open it in the GG. After that comes the work so let's get started.
Open your Game Genie Program and get into the main interface as shown here:
Step 1.png

Next right click on your save you want to mod ( for this tut we will be using Hard Corps: Uprising) and choose Advanced Mode:
Step 2.png

Once in advanced mode you'll need to find your CP. To do this you'd have needed to write down on a notepad or paper anything how much CP you had after your last save before you turned your game off. I have an exact value of 2,859,785.
So I'll enter that into the calculator shown here:
Decimal value CP.png

Then it is back to Game Genie, in the search bar type the amount you are looking for without the commas, now click in the field of hex on the GG so the first digit is highlighted at the very top left as shown here:
Step 3.png

Now click find. It will have taken you to exactly where your CP is located as shown here:
Step 4.png

Now just to be sure it matches you can click hex on your calculator and it will convert your decimal value into hex value as shown here:
Hex Value CP.png

You'll see it matches the value found by Game Genie. (Note: sometimes searching for decimal value will not always work in which case you search by hex, This is just for beginners and I do not want to overload anyone so I will cover that in part 2.) Now sometimes with certain games it will find your value more than once but we will get to that. For now how to mod your CP to a value you want while in advanced mode. All you need to do is type the value you want into the calculator. Make sure DEC is selected and type your value. I will use 999,999,999. Now click Hex. If you used my value you should have 3B9AC9FF now to enter that over the value found.
You'll notice that the 3B9AC9FF is longer than 2BA309 when writing this into advanced mode you'll want to start 3B in front of 2B as shown here:
Step 5.png

you'll notice where that 0 is highlighted this is where you'll begin typing your code. To make sense of why it moved over to the left I'll show you like this

___2B_A3_09
3B_9A_C9_FF

__2,859,785.

As you can see when counting to higher values digits get added to the left not to the right... Same concept here. Since 3B9AC9FF is longer and higher in value the code would move left from the smaller value of 2BA309

So now that is cleared up as shown in the picture move left and start entering your new value overwriting the old one so it looks like this:
Step 6.png

As you can see the values that were changed are now underlined letting you know this was changed. If you move your mouse over the value you changed it will show you the original value what it was. That comes in handy if you accidentally change something you didn't mean to for whatever reason.
Now you will want to click apply, it will let you know that an edited save may not work the first time, If the game reports there's a problem with the save, restore to your original save and try again. Do you wish to proceed? Click Yes. Next you need to copy your save back from your USB to your ps3. After all is said and done once loading your save you should see that there in CP it is changed from whatever value you had to 999,999,999. This concludes the first part of my tutorial. Next I will cover creating Quick Mode Codes from Advanced Mode. I will try my best to have them up by Friday but keep in mind I do not get paid by GG and am doing this out of spare time I have. If you have any questions feel free to post or PM. As soon as I can I'll upload the other half of this for you guys so you can even better understand some of this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Re: Tutorial for Advanced Mode/Code Creation*WIP*

Postby joshrobb23 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:49 pm

What I don't understand is how to put codes in a game that has been created by the community. I am trying to put the Item codes in for WKC IE and am so lost as how to do it.
joshrobb23
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Very simple, right click your game choose quick mode, right click a cheat that is already there, choose add cheat, now in the description type the name of the cheat All Items part 1 for example now at the bottom is where you paste the codes put up by the community. copy all of the code that is in the dialog box made by the poster then paste it into the box at the bottom where the code gets entered. Click Ok and your set. if a code has multiple parts you have to do this as many times as there are parts so if it says there is an 8 part item code you would follow those steps and only put part 1 in the code you name All Items part 1 Once you click ok do it all again except this time name it part 2 and copy all of the part 2 codes. If you still are lost I'll post pics up to follow

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby joshrobb23 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:21 pm

WOW. Thanks. I knew there was a way to "Add a code" like the old school days of the game genie, but didn't know you had to right click an EXISTING code to add a new one. I'll try it and let you know. By the way I just bought WKC 2 and it came with WKC IE, and GG only sees it as a save for WKC 2 instead of WKC IE. So I used the MAX money cheat for WKC 2 and it worked on WKC IE. So should I use the item codes for WKC 2 instead of WKC IE? I hope that makes sense.
joshrobb23
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:26 am

Hmmm I can't answer this for you as I don't own that game. Your best bet would be to post that question in the section where users post codes. Maybe one of them could tell you better.

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby GameGenieBob » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:00 am

There are 2 versions of WKC1.
White Knight Chronicles International Edition is WKC1.
The White Knight Chronicles 2 disc comes with 2 games on the same disc - White Knight Chronicles 1 Remastered and White Knight Chronicles 2.

You will need the WKC: IE codes for WKC: IE
But you will need to use the WKC2 codes for the Remastered version of WKC1 on the WKC2 disc.

I hope that makes sense :P
Want to uploaded a save file for us to look at?
Make sure you read this first!

http://forum.thegamegenie.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4626#p24845

Any saves uploaded with no information will be deleted WITHOUT warning.
GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby joshrobb23 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:15 am

It makes sense. I did trial and error and your right about using WKC 2 codes for the WKC 1 version on the same disk. The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the Georama parts codes to work for the WKC version on the disk. Thanks for all your help.
joshrobb23
GG Fan

Postby GameGenieBob » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:03 am

This is the wrong place to be having a discussion on this topic, so this is my last answer on the matter.
Georama codes are proving to be a big trouble for everyone. It is highly unlikely that there will be a "working Quick Code" for anything Georama related.
Besides the servers are closing for WKC in June, so there really isn't much point in editing it anyway.

GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby LanceToTheN » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:18 am

Well it seems you've got the simple task of editing values in Advance Mode down Gaara, so I can only imagine the next part of your WIP is to teach how to translate the edits into actual codes.

So here's a question for ya. I made this code:

2006A280 FF000000

See the six 0's after the "FF"? I don't need to edit them at all but when I make my code like this:

2006A280 FF

it doesn't work at all. So how do I make it so only that value is changed without bogging down my code with excess 0's?
LanceToTheN
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:07 am

Hey Lance Glad to see your still around man, Yea the quick mode code part I'm working on now. As for your question the 0s should come before the Fs not after. The value you have made is 4,278,190,080. I assume you're looking for 255 xD. FF is 255 but adding digits after it adds value. Your code should end like this: 000000FF. Let me ask you is 255 all you wish to write?

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby LanceToTheN » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Gaarasaiyan wrote:Hey Lance Glad to see your still around man, Yea the quick mode code part I'm working on now. As for your question the 0s should come before the Fs not after. The value you have made is 4,278,190,080. I assume you're looking for 255 xD. FF is 255 but adding digits after it adds value. Your code should end like this: 000000FF. Let me ask you is 255 all you wish to write?

2006A280 000000FF

changes the value of Offset 6A283. I ONLY want to change the value of Offset 6A280. But like I said, if I make my code like this:

2006A280 FF000000

then I am not only the changing the value of Offset 6A280, but also 6A281, 6A282, AND 6A283.

This is my entire code:

Code: Select all
2006A274 FFFFFFFF
2006A278 FFFFFFFF
2006A27C FFFFFFFF
2006A280 FF000000

My code ideally ends at Offset 6A280. I don't know what changing Offsets 6A281-6A283 will do and want to leave them alone since they have no bearing on my code.
LanceToTheN
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:34 pm

use this instead
0006A280 000000FF
That will only write to address 0x6A280.

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Now on to part 2 of the guide creating quick mode codes. In this section I will cover the basic code types (code types 0, 1 & 2) and will explain them as best I can so you can use them and get to creating some codes! I will cover types 4 and 8 very soon but since we want to work our way up lets start with the basics shall we?

First up is code type 0
CODE TYPE 0
8 bit write
00yyyyyy 000000xx
y= address/offset to write to
x= value to write to that address/offset
Code type 0 only modifies 1 byte of data and can only go as high as FF which is 255
(what is a byte?)
1 byte = 00
2 bytes = 00 00
3 bytes = 00 00 00
4 bytes = 00 00 00 00
I hope that makes it clear if not feel free to ask I'll clear it up for you best I can.

Second Code Type 1
CODE TYPE 1
16 bit write
10yyyyyy 0000xxxx
y= address/offset to write to
x= value to write to the address/offset
Code type 1 modifies 2 bytes of data and can go as high as FF FF this is 65,535

Third Code Type
CODE TYPE 2
32 bit write
20yyyyyy xxxxxxxx
y=address/offset to write to
x= value to write to address/offset
code type 2 modifies 4 bytes and... yup you guessed it.. can go as high as FF FF FF FF which is a whopping 4,294,967,295 Now that is some serious cash lol.
You'll never need to fully FF something in code type 2 though as far as a value goes as a lot of the time it will crash your game so be careful with using All Fs.

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby LanceToTheN » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:41 pm

Gaarasaiyan wrote:use this instead
0006A280 000000FF
That will only write to address 0x6A280.

Wonderfully delightful thank you.

That should be another thing to add to the Quick Mode portion of your guide.

EDIT: Ah, I see it's called an 8 bit write.
LanceToTheN
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:02 pm

indeed it is and it writes one byte. I'll be adding more soon a picture example of how to actually implement them. But for now I want people to study what is written to see if they can understand it. It's not bad to use your brain every now and again and plus if you manage to figure it out on your own you'll obviously have a better understanding of it. Either way hope your code works for you man.

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby GameGenieBob » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Don't worry too much about it Lance, I am right there with you. I am learning all about Quick Codes currently too.
So if you want to practise any codes feel free to message me and we can learn together :D

And if we don't know the answers we can bug Gaara :)

GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby LanceToTheN » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Yea the code worked as soon as you told me.

The 8 bit write is still very misleading for normal people like me though.

I mean, when you normally want to write 255, you just write

not

LanceToTheN
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:12 pm

No one bugs me when they want to learn. I WANT people to learn so I love to try and help. It only gets annoying when I don't know how to best explain a situation

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:16 pm

LanceToTheN wrote:Yea the code worked as soon as you told me.

The 8 bit write is still very misleading for normal people like me though.

I mean, when you normally want to write 255, you just write

not

Think of it like this code type 0 & code type 1 only mod one and two bytes of data right? (00= 1 byte/00 00 = 2 bytes)
So the extra 0s for those code types are like filler so the GG knows that is a code. as if you just typed 100084B0 FFFF GG doesn't see this as a code as it is incomplete therefore nothing is applied or changed.

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby CrazyGreenNinja » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:39 pm

I'm just glad that Hexadecimal code doesn't use imaginary numbers and that the trig and calculus I took in high school are unneeded here lol.
To LanceToTheN, one way to help you learn how to make quick codes is to study the quick codes that others have made. Some are way more complicated than others but it does become easier. Go to the User Made Codes section (I know that's not the real name, but that is what I like to call it lol) and look at posts for some of the games you have. If you find certain codes that you like, add them to your available codes on the Game Genie. Open Advanced mode and on the right hand side scroll down to the code you added and click on it. It will take you to the address it changes. Take note of the value for that address. Now close Advanced Mode and open quick mode. Find the cheat you added and apply it. After it says its done, go back to Advanced mode and click on that code to go back to the address. Not look and the new values. You will be able to see what changed and where. Note, this doesn't really work for codes that start with "8", those are a bit more complicated.
CrazyGreenNinja
Game Genie Addict

Postby HoBoZ » Thu May 02, 2013 8:21 am

Thanks for explaining some of the mysteries of Adv. mode to me.

However I am having a tough time finding something in my Fallout NV file. I have a save from here that I was trying to figure out how they got the Action points, Hit points and Wg so high, so that I could edit my own save file. The stats on the save are from looking in the PipBoy. (AP = 111889, HP = 118970, Wg = 151320)
When I try and search for that number I get nothing. When I use Windows calculator I get these values;

1 B511 (Action points)
1 D0BA (Hit points)
2 4F18 (Wg)

My question is how can I find these values?

As you can figure out, I am new to the Adv. mode of GG. I hoping that I can learn some of this stuff for newer games, so I hope this is not a dumb question.
HoBoZ
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Thu May 02, 2013 9:40 am

No question is a dumb question honestly as they all have answers lol. If you type 0x followed by the hex values it works the same as typing the decimal value into it. Sometimes though games coding can be very difficult and takes a bit of time & dedication as well as a bit of advanced knowhow lol. Fallout is from what I hear one of those games like skyrim. But if those are the values your looking for type 0xB511 for example & hopefully it will find it. But remember like I said fallout is not a super simple save to mod. Hope this helps.

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby MR_MAKEOVER » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:34 am

Calculating CP... I have no idea where I should look to find my number.
MR_MAKEOVER

Postby MR_MAKEOVER » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:47 pm

found it... Im learning fast.
MR_MAKEOVER

Postby xtrmegmr » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:17 pm

This thread has been a great help. Thank you.
But, I'm at a cross. Recently started playing Dragon Fantasy Book 1. The max money code didn't work so I thought I would try advanced mode.
This is what shows: Image
There is mention of text in advanced mode in the q&a but nothing on actually changing it to hex. If you have the time and knowledge, could you detail this as well.
xtrmegmr
GG Fan

Postby prismatic1080 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:23 am

Yeah I understand the Hex Editing thing and all the problem I'm having is. I don't know how to put what I changed in Advance Mode into Quick Mode as a code. Plus anybody who actually made guns on Borderlands 1 or 2 knows hex editing so will anybody please help me with this? In return I'll make all the legendary weapons on Borderlands 2 for you and drop them message me on PSN Taekido.
prismatic1080
GG Fan

Postby johncrosby » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Hey Gaara. So i started working on Record of Agarest War 2 coding yesterday. First I strolled through the entire text to see if I could recognize any patterns. I found all the character locations within the saves. I will be focusing on Eva for the sake of this conversation. Her coding started in line 4280 as 45766100. From there, I took off my gear in game and looked for her AP. I found it in 4560 and was able to change it successfully to 200 from 68 and tested it in game. From there i found her stats that can be modes in line 4540-4550 and changed them to 03e7 for max. I was further able to find where her weapon was equipped by searching for her and then for her weapon attack level. I found it in line 43B0. I changed it to 270f for 9999 attack. I tested all these codes and they work in game with no issue. I then found the break guard for her through the same process in line 4560 and changed it to C350. My question is, how to convert all of this into quick code to help my fellow gamers? I do not understand what is involved in writing a quick code, like if there is a formula I should follow or how it works. If you could explain this or send me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
johncrosby
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Ok Johncrosby no problem lets work through this problem one step at a time shall we? Ok so lets write a code for her ap first. First you would need to title the code. Name it Eva 200 ap cheat or max ap if that is the max. Ok from here we need the formula or code type to use. If you can always find her ap at offset 0x4560 and you wanted to mod it to 200 then you would use what code type? Look above and think which one to use. If the data does not move it is either a type 0, 1, or 2 code type. Read carefully and then remember what you just told me. That you found the AP at offset 4560 and that you changed it to 200 which in hex is C8.. Using this try and figure it out. Don't be afraid to answer and get it wrong, If you get it wrong I will help you figure it out. After you write your very first code you are on your way!

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby johncrosby » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:08 am

Three questions real fast first. If it moves, can we not write quick codes for it? Second, the original value for AP changes, like mine at that time was 68 in game so 44, but most people at start will have her AP I think around 20 and it grows through gameplay. Does that interfere with the code process? (Possibly not if I am not writing it in the coding.) And third, if there is other components of coding in that line, how do I ensure that I could AP lets say, instead of break guard which is on the same line?
I would think the code would be a simple code type 0 since we are only changing 1 byte of data (2 digits). Then the code would be 00004560 000000C8.
It doesnt move, which is good
In the image, the three highlighted portions in the same line are: AP, then Break Guard, then CP, followed by HP all on the same line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johncrosby
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:05 am

Answering in order, Yes you can still write codes for it usually using a code type I have not listed yet. I need to make sure it's ok with the guys over at GG before I do so I do not get into any trouble lol. I am sure it is ok as the info is made public for this code type you just have to know where on the net to look lol. Second no they can have 2 ap and the code will still mod it to whatever value you implement into the quick code be It 99 or 999. Third I'll let you solve yourself, take your mouse and click where C8 is located, now you see next to profile it will tell you the offset of the AP. Remember hex is 0-9 A-F so even though the AP is found on as you say line 4560, 4560 is not the offset so therefore the code you wrote wouldn't change that location. It would change the first set of 0s in the line which is offset 4560. Highlight your AP and look at the offset it gives. Then try your code again. You are right if you're only modding one byte it will be type 0 and the second part of your code is correct just not the first. Also I am guessing 200 is not max so you could use a type 1 and make it 999 possibly, not sure if that is too much or not but for now lets stick with the type 0. Try again and this time remember to click C8 and use the offset it gives. After doing this awhile like me you won't need to click and look you'll just see and know oh that's this offset lol. Good luck I am rooting for you :D

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby johncrosby » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:17 pm

I just learned u can have a ridiculous amount of AP, so your right, I should change the amount of AP I mod. I set it to 255 each and had over 1290 show in game. Anyways tho, based on the example, the code would then be 00004563 000000C8 because offsets basicly count the numbers inward as rows count downward by 10?

If I'm right, the next question becomes, what happens when I need to change multiple offsets, just add multiple lines or use the type 1 and 2 codes depending on the situation? Like use type 1 and 2 for simple bigger codes with higher digits like money codes, but use mutliple lines when you need a quick code that has a middle digit that is determined on a outside factor that influences it like weapon modifying that requires other items in the inventory.
johncrosby
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:33 am

Somewhat yes, You're on the right path that's for sure.... BTW congrats on your first code as that's the correct offset!!!! xD

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby johncrosby » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:19 pm

Thanks. I've made some contributions to make up for my use :p
Ok Next question. Lets say I need to mod line 1 offset D and offset F, but offset E is dependent on the game. It can be anything and shouldn't be changed.
White Knight Chronicles IE had this issue for S ranks. E was an unknown factor, but D and F had to be modded.

What I did was essentially
0000001D 000000xx (xx being the number I changed it to)
0000001F 000000xx
into 1 quick code and it did the job. If I find more complicated examples like this, should I stick with multiple lines of code or is there a better way to handle that?
johncrosby
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:21 pm

say offset 0A,0B need both be changed to 255 you can use two type 0s or one type 1. It's honestly your choice. Just make sure they write to the correct place

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby sentinel71 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:56 am

Hi Gaarasaiyan! Great tutorial, I'm learning a lot from this especially creating quick mode codes (something i'm still practicing). I do have a question--something that was mentioned in the tut. What do you do when the value you're looking for appears more than once? How do you know which one should be modded? Not really sure if it was covered in the tutorial :)
sentinel71
Game Genie Addict

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Honestly the easiest way is to have multiple saves. I don't mean 1 or 2 I mean like 5 or 6 or more. Try keeping all saves separate and comparing them. Write down the offsets where your value is located. Then play some more & then compare keep doing this until you narrow your search results. When you have narrowed it down to 4 or less. Change each one but one at a time. Change one load to see if it changed what you wanted. If not rinse & repeat till you get it Once you do there you go you now have your offset. This method only works on data that doesn't move as data that moves there will always be different offsets every time you save.

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby sentinel71 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Thank you so much for this info! It's always been a problem whenever multiple values appear.Gonna be hard work, but can't wait to apply this technique you mentioned :D
sentinel71
Game Genie Addict

Postby BloodSyn » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:55 am

Been tinkering in KH 1.5 FM and want to see if I've got this correct.
Sora's stat edits begin in very first line (can't remember offsets off the top of my head though) So if the offset for max HP was 7, my 8 bit code would be 00000007 00000063 (for 99HP)
Items slots is next line down and if the offset was the same my code would be
00000017 000000A (for 10 item slots)

Let me know if this is wrong, but think I've got that much figured out.

Now my big question would be for ehte items in the game
If I've got a row straight across, how can I add in all 16 offsets (x0-xf) into a single code instead of 16 codes?
So instead of having 00000490 0000004f (79 pcs), 00000491 0000004f .... and so on ending with 0000049f 0000004f, is there not a way to take all values between offset 490-49f and beyond to change them to the same qty?

and if there was a break in the middle (for a dummy item) how could I skip that?
BloodSyn
GG Fan

Postby Jon-Marq_167 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:26 am

This has probably already been explained, but I missed it, so...

How do I use the search function in GG Advanced Mode? :?
--- Jon-Marq Chato, Master Battle-Mage!
'They call me a new member. I am not a new member! I just... you know... haven't been here very long...'
Jon-Marq_167

Postby GameGenieBob » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Jon-Marq_167 wrote:This has probably already been explained, but I missed it, so...

How do I use the search function in GG Advanced Mode? :?

When searching for codes in Advanced mode you need to put 0x before the Hex coding you want to search for.

Lets say, for example, you have a game save where your money is 44,125,490. After converting that number to Hex coding you will be looking for 02 A1 4D 32.

So in the search bar if you type 0x02A14D32 that will take you to the line of coding you are looking for.

Does that make sense?

GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Next

Return to Game Genie Tutorials and Self Help Guides