Tutorial for Advanced Mode/Code Creation*WIP*

Moderators: ss4gogeta069, Gaarasaiyan

Re: Tutorial for Advanced Mode/Code Creation*WIP*

Postby Jon-Marq_167 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:43 pm

GameGenieBob wrote:
Jon-Marq_167 wrote:This has probably already been explained, but I missed it, so...

How do I use the search function in GG Advanced Mode? :?

When searching for codes in Advanced mode you need to put 0x before the Hex coding you want to search for.

Lets say, for example, you have a game save where your money is 44,125,490. After converting that number to Hex coding you will be looking for 02 A1 4D 32.

So in the search bar if you type 0x02A14D32 that will take you to the line of coding you are looking for.

Does that make sense?

Some-what. You may have picked up that I'm working on the item codes for WKCIE/WKC1. I'm fooling with one, which I've figured out is for the Inspectacles (those self-described 'mysterious glasses' that let the user see a single monster's strengths and weaknesses; handy until you either 1.) figure it all out yourself, or 2.) learn the 'Hunter's Sight' skill under bows, which does the same thing, but costs MP in-stead of hard-earned, cold, hard cash), but I seem to only be able to search for the first two bytes (which, for reference, are 67F6; the full four bytes are 67F6E502). I found the right thing, though. Still experimenting. Thanks anyway!
--- Jon-Marq Chato, Master Battle-Mage!
'They call me a new member. I am not a new member! I just... you know... haven't been here very long...'
Jon-Marq_167

Dragon Dogma Modding weight

Postby dragonfist7777 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 pm

Okay so I find out how to mod the weight
All I did was just change how mane items I was carrying, and you just have to do to one item you equip .
So I just did it like this:
<s16 name="data.mNum" value="-999999"/>
<s16 name="data.mItemNo" value="0"/>
<u32 name="data.mFlag" value="0"/>
<u16 name="data.mChgNum" value="000"/>
<u16 name="data.mDay1" value="-999999"/>
<u16 name="data.mDay2" value="0"/>
<u16 name="data.mDay3" value="0"/>
<s8 name="data.mMutationPool" value="0"/>
<s8 name="data.mOwnerId" value="0"/>
<u32 name="data.mKey" value="0"/>

So I hope this will help you guys out! Let me know if it works for you guys
dragonfist7777

Postby supremegauntlet » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:34 pm

How do you know that you've found the value you're looking to alter? For instance....i'm trying to improve my character skills, character XP(one exp jump gives maximum exp), character SPECIAL, and trying to give my character perks in Fallout: New Vegas. But a lot of those numbers are pretty common throughout the game code as a lot of these numbers are only 1-3(100 in the max for all skills) place values in length. How would you look for something like perks in Fallout: NV as they do not possess values that I can see.

Any assitance would appreciative.

v/r

supremegauntlet
Clarity of thought before rashness of action.
-Shockwave-
supremegauntlet
Contributer

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Hey guys sorry I haven't had time to finish this just yet. I am very busy lately and may actually get bob to explain the last two code types for me as time is something I have very little of lately. The code types are type 4 and type 8. If Bob doesn't do it or doesn't have time I'll try and have it finished by the end of the month.

Now as far as your question supremegauntlet, It's a trial and error kind of thing quite often tbh. You change the value load it up and see if anything changed. Once you found the right address you need to run a few more test. One being does the offset change (moving address) at all. If so you'll need to use one of the code types I haven't explained yet which is a type 8. It is used to find a certain ID within the code before actually writing the value of the code that is written to it. If it doesn't move you're in luck! Simply write your code to the offset of the value that actually changed what you wanted it to change. Best of luck :)

Happy Gaming!

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby Xhyanghwa » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:21 pm

In Trinity Universe, I would like a little help on maxing out certain items and then make a code with them. Example, I have 10 cure herbs and I want to max to 99. Hex # for 10 is A, so when I look for it there to many places with it. At least I know that item values start at 00007464. Using advance mode.
Xhyanghwa

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:52 am

Hmmm if you have many saves that have the value of A your best bet would be to have multiple saves. Meaning take your 10 cure herbs & copy that save. Then use one & save, copy that save load it up & use one and so on until you've used around 6 cure herbs between 6 different saves. Now load up your first one & take notes of every A value you have (it could take awhile) then your second & compare. Keep doing so until you've narrowed your search to what your almost certain it is. Then mod that 10 to a 99 & load it. If you've found that you now have 99 cure herbs from there you can write your code. You'll need to do that for just about every item you want to mod. Often though there will be a set amount of offsets between each item. If you find this pattern it is a lot easier.

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby ViperX420 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:50 pm

ok so i'm new to game genie coding but i understand the basic's of what is said here but... what if for example the variable move's depending on placement in list so and example is when you sort a stash alphabetically sometimes it could be at top other time's could be at the bottom and in the save similar situation happen so this is a random instance where i can't point it to a spot with quick code's

Example:
[99 Soul Seeds Must Have at least 1]
search = 0x6B65795F736D5F6C74000000000000000001
write = 0x6B65795F736D5F6C74000000000000000063

so how would i make this into a code if the item can move when you have more item's in inventory? Example you sort the list and now that item isnt on the same line in 2-3 line's down instead. All i need is 1 example and I'll have a whole line of code's for lightning returns to submit now that you guy's support the game now.

figured it out :D

80010008 65795F73
6D5F6C74 00000000
08000010 00000063
ImageImage
Sword Art Online Demo Rev 1.08 Link Below.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wsiu2 ... Rev108.zip
ViperX420
Game Genie Addict

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Lol great job man. Yea sadly I haven't had time to finish this guide. All I've got left is the type 4 & type 8 codes

Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby fspalla1969 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:41 am

Hi! This post has been most informative and helped me a lot. However, I am having a problem.

When trying to use advanced mode, the editor will not allow me to enter a letter in the search field. Is this an issue with the GG? Or is it something to do with the game (Fallout 3 GOTY edition)?

Thanks in advance for your help!
fspalla1969

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:34 pm

You have to type "0x" before you input hex. For example "0x4F8E"
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Previous

Return to Game Genie Tutorials and Self Help Guides