Those Weird Medical(?) Ads in the Forum

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Those Weird Medical(?) Ads in the Forum

Postby PS3guy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:14 pm

I hope that I'm not getting at a touchy subject here, but I wanted to at least bring up those unwanted posts that appear on this forum from time to time. I know that I'm not the only one who has seen them appear. I just find it annoying that whoever/whatever is making these unwanted posts just to place some crappy commercialized post about taking these pills for that, and other such nonsense. So, I just felt the need to ask this question:

Who the heck are these goobers and why are they doing this on the GG Server? Is all that just for getting some sick thrill or something? :|

Please make any replies that you feel like contributing to this post. This is just something I personally felt that needed to be addressed.
PS3guy
Contributer

Re: Those Weird Medical(?) Ads in the Forum

Postby Bree » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:09 am

Sorry to say I never seen thes add my self,I guess I have the Ad blocker on,maybe you should try using it
Bree
Game Genie Addict

Postby PikaFiend » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:22 am

Nah, AdBlock won't get rid of them, they're threads posted by spambots. Most people won't see them because I remove them as soon as I see them.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Bree » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:19 pm

PikaFiend wrote:Nah, AdBlock won't get rid of them, they're threads posted by spambots. Most people won't see them because I remove them as soon as I see them.

oh lol sorry I thought you all talking about pop up adds :o :shock:
Bree
Game Genie Addict

Postby PS3guy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:18 am

These spambots seem to come back like cockroaches, and getting weirder all the time. Our "newest member" seems to be called "tacobellpartybox". If that isn't a spambot, then what else is new? Just in case tacobellpartybox is an actual person and not a bot, my apologies in advance. I'm just one of the umpteen members here on GG that get annoyed by these spambots. :|
PS3guy
Contributer

Postby PikaFiend » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:48 pm

Until they post spam, I will ignore them. We can't just go off half cocked because the name is dumb, lol.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Return to General Discussion