PS4 Game Genie (Japan Version Coming Soon)

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

PS4 Game Genie (Japan Version Coming Soon)

Postby Soul4Survivor » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:56 am

Saw this on another forum

ImageImage
ImageImage

http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/products/4544859494444/

Releases in March and is already up for pre-order on Amazon Japan.

So they beat us to it... Here you have it the PS4 version of GG :x
Soul4Survivor
GG Fan

Re: PS4 Game Genie (Japan Version Coming Soon)

Postby Caldor2k2 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:50 pm

And here I was thinking it was only the Chinese who counterfeit stuff. :mrgreen: I mean it looks exactly like Hyperkin's program. I think this is a horrible idea. Not so much so about the PS4 GG in general, but will this company take care to ensure their codes don't affect online play? Will their staff meticulously test codes to see if they unlock trophies before publishing, or will they let anyone publish them even if they do.
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby LFDN » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:59 pm

MMMM! That list is looking pretty attractive. Dare I say, I hope they will be a bit more pro-active in all their endeavor going forward with this software.
LFDN
GG Fan

Postby Skiller » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Caldor2k2 wrote:And here I was thinking it was only the Chinese who counterfeit stuff. :mrgreen: I mean it looks exactly like Hyperkin's program. I think this is a horrible idea. Not so much so about the PS4 GG in general, but will this company take care to ensure their codes don't affect online play? Will their staff meticulously test codes to see if they unlock trophies before publishing, or will they let anyone publish them even if they do.

FYI if u think that SE by Cyber is Counterfeit . then your were left out of the Full Ps3 side of things im guessing .

https://www.amazon.com/CYBER-Save-Edito ... B006IL95QU

do to same DEV that build them is why they look alike.
its like ps2 GTA SA in JPN was Released by Capcom and we all know they did not make the game :P

JPN versions always come first then the USA/EU/Asian Market.
Skiller
Freelancer

Postby spawn62 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:35 am

Hi,

It is around Xploder to launch their save editor :)

It's a matter of time before an anoonce of Game Genie :D

http://shop.xploder.net/xploder-ps4-edition
spawn62
GG Fan

Postby PS3guy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:13 pm

spawn62 wrote:Hi,

It is around Xploder to launch their save editor :)

It's a matter of time before an anoonce of Game Genie :D

http://shop.xploder.net/xploder-ps4-edition

In my opinion, I wouldn't set my hopes too high in this one. Let's just see where this one goes and see what happens. Anyway, that's just me. :mrgreen:
PS3guy
Contributer

Postby danilo_scala » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:22 am

i wait for this ,, nice
danilo_scala
Contributer

Postby Bree » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:28 am

Skiller wrote:
Caldor2k2 wrote:And here I was thinking it was only the Chinese who counterfeit stuff. :mrgreen: I mean it looks exactly like Hyperkin's program. I think this is a horrible idea. Not so much so about the PS4 GG in general, but will this company take care to ensure their codes don't affect online play? Will their staff meticulously test codes to see if they unlock trophies before publishing, or will they let anyone publish them even if they do.

FYI if u think that SE by Cyber is Counterfeit . then your were left out of the Full Ps3 side of things im guessing .

https://www.amazon.com/CYBER-Save-Edito ... B006IL95QU

do to same DEV that build them is why they look alike.
its like ps2 GTA SA in JPN was Released by Capcom and we all know they did not make the game :P

JPN versions always come first then the USA/EU/Asian Market.

sorry to say by the looks of this video it looks like it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clwc6aSMVYE and this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THfQ7_ARK6c cant wait until GG for ps 4 be out
Bree
Game Genie Addict

Postby Soul4Survivor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:01 pm

Yea its sad to see..... But guess that just proofs that the Japanese are smarter then us...
Soul4Survivor
GG Fan

Postby Bree » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:15 am

Soul4Survivor wrote:Yea its sad to see..... But guess that just proofs that the Japanese are smarter then us...

or they made some deals with SONY
Bree
Game Genie Addict

Postby PS3guy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:12 am

Well, in my opinion, whether it works or not is not my issue. My concern is with using it on the PS4; since I see it as a gaming system that encourages online gameplay. I don't think that a lot of gaming companies that host online servers for their games are going to tolerate GG (or other device) modified save files. For example: Let's pretend that OVERWATCH was on the up-and-coming GG PS4 device. Overwatch is strictly an online game where everyone playing participates. How would other players, let alone Blizzard Computer Entertainment who published that game, feel about any one of us using a GG modified game save file? Not likely welcomed, from my guess. Now please note that this is just my opinion on this and nothing more.

Perhaps maybe the makers of GG and Sony might cut a deal of some kind and allow the GG for PS4 to be used? Anyway, until it does come out, all I, or anyone else, can do is just speculate on this and wonder about it. For now, I'm fine playing with whatever PS4 games I already have as-is and unmodified.

I'm only concerned about us players who use the current GG for PS3. Since the PS3 GG was not meant for being used online; I'm hoping that we can avoid whatever red-taped issues that may happen from using the PS4 GG Device.
PS3guy
Contributer

Postby PikaFiend » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:48 am

I would assume that Overwatch, like a great many games on the PS3, wouldn't see codes made, for the very reason you're talking about. If the online interaction is too much or the entire game, they never saw codes from us.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Caldor2k2 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:40 pm

I've been hearing (but not have much luck with Google) that the new 4.50 firmware update stops it from working somehow.
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby PS3guy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:27 pm

I've recently googled the Cyber Gadget PS4 save editor and this 4.50 PS4 system firmware update issue(s); so far it doesn't seem that much of a big deal for me to out right purchase it online or anywhere else. The way I see it is, this cheat device is only good if you can speak/read Japanese to begin with. And I don't know how to use my PC to translate all those Japanese text into English. So for me, I'll just patiently wait for the US/EU version to come out (should it ever; at the very least). -- Anyway, that's just my opinion on this. :)
PS3guy
Contributer

Postby Skiller » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Soul4Survivor wrote:Yea its sad to see..... But guess that just proofs that the Japanese are smarter then us...

lol Just because its released in JPN first does not mean its made by them.. lol JPN is well known for its gaming community compared to that seen on the Western sides .
this is why 90% of all Video game stuff will get released in JPN first. this is the world of the Internet, U could be living on Easter island and working on something in Japan like it was nothing .

and bree i dont know what your talking about ? with the it seems to be working, i was just stating that Cyber was First to release also on Ps3, and that it has nothing to do with Counterfeit
Skiller
Freelancer

Postby Bree » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Skiller wrote:

lol Just because its released in JPN first does not mean its made by them.. lol JPN is well known for its gaming community compared to that seen on the Western sides .
this is why 90% of all Video game stuff will get released in JPN first. this is the world of the Internet, U could be living on Easter island and working on something in Japan like it was nothing .

and bree i dont know what your talking about ? with the it seems to be working, i was just stating that Cyber was First to release also on Ps3, and that it has nothing to do with Counterfeit

was talking about in the videos the Cyber save thing ,I hope we get a English copy soon.
Bree
Game Genie Addict

Postby lakell00 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:38 pm

i hope it comes out in april after persona 5 comes out it should have alot of games on it but i wonder if it will have a resign saves like ps3 game genie did. also how will advance mode work this time
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Return to General Discussion