Fallout 3: Dogmeat and Megaton

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Fallout 3: Dogmeat and Megaton

Postby PS3guy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:53 pm

I'm going to get to the point since I could not find the answer using search engines: I killed Dogmeat immediately after getting him so I could have both Star Paladin Cross and Fawkes (who is already with my character when I killed Dogmeat). This glitch is supposed to let you have more than one follower; it works. But! -- When I went fast traveled back to Megaton, every single citizen became extremely hostile to my character and Fawkes! I thought that would not happen, but it did!

Personally, I DO NOT want to kill Dogmeat since I'm not that type of player. But, I decided to do it at lest once for the sake of getting two followers for myself at the same time. I made a copy of my save file to try this on and if nothing happened out of the ordinary, then I'd be satisfied. But, having Megaton citizens suddenly going totally postal against my character (for me anyway) -- it's just not worth it. I tried recruiting Star Paladin Cross again before trying the Dogmeat glitch and it did not work.

Anyway, if anyone here knows how I can recruit Star Paladin Cross without having to kill Dogmeat, and give me any info as to why Megaton's population became hostile after killing Dogmeat, please let me know. Any assistance and info would be very appreciated.

NOTE: I forgot to mention that I recruited Star Paladin Cross when I was doing the quest(s) looking for the G.E.C.K. Unit before my character was captured by the Enclave at Raven Rock.

UPDATE: I think I figured out why Megaton was so hostile towards my character when I killed Dogmeat that one time. Even though I was in the Scrapyard where I found and killed him there, the game perceived the killing as if it was taking place already in Megaton itself. That's why I was attacked by everyone there. -- Well, I've decided that the best way to get rid of Dogmeat after recruiting him from the Scrapyard, is to immediately head for enemy infested territories and have him die a heroic death in combat. Hopefully, this will not make the game have Megaton go hostile on my character after returning there. And whether I decide to go ahead with this plan or not will be left to me.

Thanks to all on the GG Forum for letting me post and keep this topic here. It's just something I felt that I believed needed to be answered when this whole ordeal in Fallout 3 happened in the first place.
PS3guy
Contributer

Re: Fallout 3: Dogmeat and Megaton

Postby Jupiter Knight » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:42 pm

That's good to hear.

Have you tried Fallout 4 yet? Bethesda allows the players to use mods to level up faster and get new weapons that aren't in the vanilla version.
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Re: Fallout 3: Dogmeat and Megaton

Postby PS3guy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:54 am

Jupiter Knight wrote:That's good to hear.

Have you tried Fallout 4 yet? Bethesda allows the players to use mods to level up faster and get new weapons that aren't in the vanilla version.

I've seen YouTube videos of beginning gameplay of Fallout 4; I understand that you play a pre-holocaust survivor instead of a post-holocaust resident of that game-era. And thanks for your reply, BTW. :mrgreen:
PS3guy
Contributer

Return to General Discussion