Four Questions About Cheating

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Four Questions About Cheating

Postby Kitsune » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:36 pm

Well, now that I think about it, everyone probably cheats, modifies, edits, etc. their games for many reasons. I am curious about our Community here, about the reasons they do it.

• What do you Cheat?
  • How do you Cheat (Codes, Manually Editing, User-Created Mods, etc)?
  • Why do you Cheat?
  • When do you Cheat?

And it doesn't have to be limited to Game Genie and PS3. Just, as usual, don't mention any GG Competitors, as that is still against the Rules. Older or newer systems, or the Xbox 360 or Nintendo stuff is free game.

For some, those questions may have the same answers, others not so much.

Any input would be appreciated.

I will add my own answers soon enough, because I am not exactly sure if I can even answer my own questions. I must take some time to consider, and maybe I will get an insight of my own reasons from everyone elses.
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Re: Four Questions About Cheating

Postby PikaFiend » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:55 am

Personally, I do it for fun. I'll use cheats of all manner; GG, Gameshark, Codebreaker, whatever works for the system the game is on. I do it after finishing games legit. It adds replay value for me, and that's important. I don't like games that I play through once and then don't touch again, it's a waste of money.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby MonkeyDad1977 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:41 am

I mostly play one player games. I like to cheat because I like to relax when I play games. I'm not into games like Demon Souls, Bloodborne, etc... I also like to unlock everything. They don't put as much hidden stuff into games as they used to but I remember Golden Eye for the N64 if you used a cheating device you could unlock tons of characters to play with on the game. It was the only way to unlock them just like the way that cheating devices were the only way to unlock the "hot coffee" mod on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
MonkeyDad1977
Contributer

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:58 am

Ok, so I know I haven't been active lately but here's my thoughts. I've always been a cheater. Even back to the NES days I had a GG. I'm kind of like monkeydad. I like easy games and never cared about multiplayer or online gaming and still don't. Recently I've started enjoying games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls. However, with RPGs I'm not a huge fan of grinding. I used to do it, in fact I have FF12 characters maxed out through straight grinding. It's nice for me to be able to run through a storyline on a game I'm not a huge fan of and see what develops. It gives me a more varied game collection. So all in all I'd say I cheat at different times and to different levels depending on the game. Example, with Tales of Xillia I raped that game with cheats. Mainly bc I'm not a huge tales fan and thought I would try it. I decided to cheat so I could get through it and enjoy the story. I certainly did. Then other games, like Lightning Returns, I just buffed my character a little to make the gameplay easier and so I could have fun annihilating enemies. Lol. So I'm not usually a play through and then cheat gamer. I cheat straight away most of the time. Lol.
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby MysterE » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Well when I started it was just to be the first. The first to see and do things that you shouldn't. Now with GG it's all about the hunt I enjoy that more than the codes made from it.
Also building code hackers that has always been part of the "why" Just post a few codes and give a little help maybe a tut or two and set back and watch them shine...
Need some save modding tools?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5122
MysterE
Game Genie Star

Postby sentinel71 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:35 am

I'm kinda with MonkeyDad and rangeraragorn, I'm a casual gamer and every time I play a game I want to immerse myself in the story, the characters and most especially the world I'm in. Graphics have improved so much that it's easy to get lost in the fantasy. But the moment the game gets frustrating, it takes me out of the whole thing. Cheating makes it sooooo much enjoyable and relaxing and you get to appreciate all the other details in the game like lighting, texture etc. Right now I'm still getting used to working in advanced mode but I'm learning a lot :)
sentinel71
Game Genie Addict

Postby Jupiter Knight » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Cheats make the game fun in a way and sometimes they don't. But lately I haven't been using them.
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby mckrackin » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:56 pm

Only in single player story based games.
If the story is good,I like to keep it moving instead of grinding to get that one weapon up to snuff.

I never give myself anything that the game wouldn't let me grind out anyway. No god mode or anything crazy...except Mass Effect. The Supergun is just hilarious.hahaha
mckrackin
Contributer

Postby FernandaLewis » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:23 am

Only in story mode and only when I complete it. I do it mostly for fun. Sometimes it is just hilarious to kill a very dangerous enemy with just a single shot/punch. I guess that I sometimes like to feel like a one punch lady. ;)
FernandaLewis

Return to General Discussion