Don't pretend to be something you're not.

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Don't pretend to be something you're not.

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:08 pm

We have had quite a bit of troublemakers on the forums as of late but I want to reassure everyone that there will never ever be a developer of any company to come here on these forums and say that they are developer and that they are releasing codes for games that they helped develop. First of all as anyone would know, this would surely go against any non disclosure agreement or terms of agreement upon employment of a company to do so. I'm not going to name names of the user. But I want everyone to know I take harassment very seriously.

This user contacted a mod on their public FB page first asking to be unbanned. Then claiming that they are a dev of capcom and now magically techland too. Before it was just capcom when they were "making" (Googling) codes and saying they were their own. That's one thing, but when you message someone outside of this forum and say things like "I'll unban myself, see I'm on now hehehe haha." When they tell you no, constantly messaging is a form of harassment It's not ok.

All that being said, if anyone claims to be a dev of a gaming company releasing codes for a game they made. I'm sure most of you have sense enough to ignore them. Also I'd appreciate if you see this sort of thing to report the post to me as it's likely to be the same user from a different pc with a different ID at a friends or something. Thanks guys for your cooperation and taking the time to read my wall of text.

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Re: Don't pretend to be something you're not.

Postby Jupiter Knight » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:19 pm

Must be mating season for trolls. A lot of forums have been getting them in abundance lately.
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby MysterE » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Why would you want codes from the developers, They only put 9 rounds in your clip ;)
Need some save modding tools?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5122
MysterE
Game Genie Star

Postby Kitsune » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:01 pm

MysterE wrote:Why would you want codes from the developers, They only put 9 rounds in your clip ;)

They don't have the creativity to give such fun. It is the writers and testers that really determine the path of the game. All the developers are good for is making the game to their whim.
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion