Random Question Game

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Re: Random Question Game

Postby Jupiter Knight » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:27 am

ss4gogeta069 wrote:As if you have to ask. LOL

So, what is your favorite SHMUP of all time?? That's shoot-em up if you don't know.

Fallout 3 and Resistance pretty much.

What is your favorite game?
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:57 am

Ooohh. Now that's a tough one. As far as playability, gotta be Final Fantasy 4 and 6. I have a yearly play through of them. As far as when I played it I thought, This is the greatest game ever? Prob either Final Fantasy 12 or inFAMOUS 2.

What is your "yearly playthrough" game?
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Caldor2k2 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:07 am

Hmm, my yearly playthrough game is probably Fallout 3/New Vegas. Speaking of which, it may be time to start up a new game again, and try the GG on it. :)

I'm pretty regular on the Gamefaqs boards, and I see this question a lot there so here goes. What is the worst game you have ever played?
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby sentinel71 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:25 am

Demon Souls...even if it got so many high scores from reviews, I completely disagree with all of them. ALL OF THEM. :( This game is beyond the word "Frustrating". When I sold my copy It felt like I was literally exorcising a demon soul! I could have just burned the copy, but might as well make money out of it, right? Thanks Caldor2k2 for the question, been wanting to get it off my chest :)

If you were to design the best console ever, what would it be like (ex. what features will it have, what kind of controllers will it have etc...)
sentinel71
Game Genie Addict

Postby PikaFiend » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:46 am

Honestly, I would just re-release SNES. That is my perfect system. It had everything I needed. Simplicity in controller design, the controls for most games were clean and easy to grasp. The system was sturdy and functioned exactly how it needed to for its purpose without being its own computer. And it had a library of games I, to this day, regard as the best library of any console overall.

What is your go to food for when you're sick?
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Caldor2k2 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Going through this annoyance right now :(, and I have to say chicken noodle soup all the way. Usually tastes pretty good, and doesn't require much chewing which is good when your throat is sore. Drinking the broth is good too as it don't always kill the throat when swallowing.

Video games have come a long way since the late 70s and early 80s when they first started showing up in arcades. Perhaps not as much as the consoles or other ways we play them. What do you think the most important addition to game consoles has been?
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby Kitsune » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:31 pm

Caldor2k2 wrote:Going through this annoyance right now :(, and I have to say chicken noodle soup all the way. Usually tastes pretty good, and doesn't require much chewing which is good when your throat is sore. Drinking the broth is good too as it don't always kill the throat when swallowing.

Video games have come a long way since the late 70s and early 80s when they first started showing up in arcades. Perhaps not as much as the consoles or other ways we play them. What do you think the most important addition to game consoles has been?

Compatibility. Systems nowadays are meant to be compatible with everything, our computers, our mobile devices, the Internet, over 9000 types of TVs, etc.

Without it, we wouldn't be able to record games and put them up, at least in good quality, we wouldn't be able to message friends and play with others, AND there wouldn't be Game Genie.

Following Caldor's train, just like Gaming Consoles, the Video Games themselves have grown over the decades. My question is what do you think is the most important feature/quality/addition to Video Games?
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby Caldor2k2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:02 pm

I'd have to go with the game's soundtrack as the most important feature. From really simple sound affects, to where for some games actual orchestras are used. A close second would have to be the addition of voice acting/overs. The reason I say this isn't the most important is simple: the randomness of quality. Sometimes the VA is done really well, other times its so bad I want to mute the game so I don't have to listen to it.

And since we were talking about this at work today: what is the worst job you've ever had?

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Well working for free isn't the best but it has it's benefits too ;) I would have to say landscaping... Hated it

Out of your childhood what was a show or cartoon you'd like to see be made into a game?

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby PikaFiend » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:13 pm

I would like to see Gargoyles. Yes, there was a single game for Sega Genesis, but I never owned it and none of my friends had the game. Besides, a concept like Gargoyles kind of demands more than the 16-bit era had to offer. As much as I love Genesis and SNES, some projects just didn't fit with the limitations of the technology.

If you've ever done a challenge run of a video game (Nuzlocke Challenge, for example), which one did you find to be the most frustrating and rage inducing to complete?
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Caldor2k2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:15 pm

While I can't narrow it down to one RPG since I've tried it on several, but I am not a fan of low level challenge or solo character challenges. There is always a part where something goes wrong everytime. Not a fan of speed runs either, since I like to enjoy my games and not try to finish it as quick as possible.

What real life place would you like to visit the most but can't? (Can be due to no money, or its located in a place where their government doesn't like the country you're from etc.)

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby Begather » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:48 am

PikaFiend wrote:I -loathed- Kid Icarus as a kid. I played through it just so I could laugh at my NES and say, "HA! I WIN, YA JERK!".

What is your favourite pizza topping?

Tikka topping is my favorite pizza topping.
Begather

Postby SH1955 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:21 am

What real life place would you like to visit the most but can't? (Can be due to no money, or its located in a place where their government doesn't like the country you're from etc.)

I'd like to visit Australia some day. Or rather move there, but it's more complicated than "no money" problem...

My question: What is the best FPS game you have ever played? (on a console or PC, whatever :) )
SH1955

Postby ddesbiens » Sat May 20, 2017 11:00 am

nice
ddesbiens

Previous

Return to General Discussion