Random Question Game

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Random Question Game

Postby Kitsune » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:31 pm

Just to get some more activity here, I figured I would start this up. The rules are simple:

The OP will ask a random question that doesn't have to do with anything, and the next poster answers the question, and why (if applicable), and ask one of their own. And so on.

You can't answer your own question, and try not to answer each one. Wait a few days if need be.

Only post to answer and ask a new question.

Oh, and follow Forum Rules as always.

So, let's start:

What is the most hated video game you have ever played (any system applies), and still beat? And why did you play all the way through it if you hated it?
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Re: Random Question Game

Postby PikaFiend » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:55 pm

I -loathed- Kid Icarus as a kid. I played through it just so I could laugh at my NES and say, "HA! I WIN, YA JERK!".

What is your favourite pizza topping?
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:27 pm

Definitely favorite pizza topping is Bacon! MMMMMMMMM!!!!

What is your favorite game of all time? Any console, Any genre!
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby sentinel71 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:50 pm

Final Fantasy XIII without a doubt !!! Great story. Great gameplay! :D

What movie would you want to be turned into a video game? (if it hasn't been yet)
sentinel71
Game Genie Addict

Postby Kitsune » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:05 pm

Ender's Game. Fabulous story, great characters, and just imagining the Battle Room and Simulator makes me drool.

What is the one thing you want as of the very moment of reading this question, the first thing that comes to mind?
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby deathmatch1 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:10 am

power to make women want me .

what is the one thing that can piss off any gamer that doesnt affect gg?
deathmatch1
GG Fan

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:04 am

People cheating in multiplayer games? That's a weird question Deathmatch.

What was your favorite cartoon/anime growing up?

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Dragonball Z that's obvious lol.

What's the one game that you think shouldn't get or have gotten a sequel & why?

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby Kitsune » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:36 pm

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The first game was spectacular in every way, graphics, gameplay, story, all in one perfect package.

Then came the sequel, one ugly little duckling, not because of the graphics, which were much the same, but the story and gameplay were far below my standards. They gave you an OP "Rage Mode" that you could use frequently, making gameplay worthless, and the story of being a cloned Starkiller, trying to kill Vader, again? Abysmal.

Anyways, my question: If you could combine any two games (or series), into one, to make a whole new game, which two would it be, and how would your game play?
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby PikaFiend » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:34 am

I would absolutely love to see Pokemon and Digimon meet in a beat'em up game in the style of Dynasty Warriors. I love that style of gameplay. I also think with the breadth of characters they have to offer, it would make for an interesting roster. Plus, and I may or may not be the only one that thinks this, the two series competing in one game is something that's been a long time coming.

What would you classify as the best gaming platform out of all of the current ones, any generation?
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:13 am

By far the best gaming platform is PS1. It brought so much diversity and new concepts that it was completely ahead of it's time. Nothing can come close.

What is your favorite Final Fantasy and why?

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Kitsune » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Final Fantasy IV, was probably my favorite. Active Battle Gauge, multiple characters, awesome story and world. I always found Palom and Porom funny, the whole Twin thing.

If you could name one game, any platform, that you truly believe needs an HD Remake, what is it?
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Oh, that's easy... FINAL FANTASY 12!!!!

Which Final Fantasy character is your favorite?

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby PikaFiend » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Hands down, Kefka Palazzo. That little psycho makes my day every time I think about him and his awesome rants.

What is the first video game you ever played?
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Caldor2k2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:04 am

First game I ever played. Hmm have to go way back to 1983 that one. I -think- it was one of these 3. Berzerk, Combat or Pac-Man. I vaguely recall playing all 3 that night. The neighbors had an Atari 2600 and invited us over. First time I ever played a game and on a color tv no less. I was probably 5 or 6 at the time, many moons ago.

Which game have you never finished (beat), that someone else you know has with ease?
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:45 pm

Final Fantasy 9. I just never finished it. The game wasn't interesting enough for me and I didn't finish it. My gf did and she isn't a great strategist when it comes to RPGs. LOL

If you could only eat three different foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Jupiter Knight » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:51 am

ss4gogeta069 wrote: LOL. If you could only eat three different foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Eggs, Pizza, and Beef Stroganoff. Those are three meals that I would have for the rest of my life. :D

Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:03 am

Express Men!

If you could star in a remake of any movie what would it be?

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Caldor2k2 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:32 pm

Robocop and not that POS they just made last year. Been playing a MUD (text based RPG) for over 16 years now, and people have told me I roleplay a sadistic character pretty well so I think I'd be good for a maniac type person. :mrgreen:

Some of my relatives want to have a family reunion in Las Vegas, which is about a 8-10 hour trip south on the long 15 for me. So that brings me to my question:

Black or red?
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:16 am

Black....

If you could take a main character from one game and cast him in the main role of another game who would you pick and why.

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby Jupiter Knight » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:44 am

Gaarasaiyan wrote:Black....

If you could take a main character from one game and cast him in the main role of another game who would you pick and why.

Dante from Devil May Cry and place him in the more recent Resident Evil games.The first DMC game was originally going to be a Resident Evil game, but the title and game mechanics were changed into another after that RE title was canceled, so to save money it became the first DMC release and was very successful. Plus, Dante hacking up zombies wouldn't be that big of a deal, since he is a Capcom character any way.

If you were taken by a bad group of people (mafia, ISIS, Taliban) and were given a choice to either saw off your hand or your foot as an option to be let go alive, which would you choose?
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:22 am

Oh, that's easy. Foot all day.

What is your favorite NES game and why? (and don't say I never played NES. If that's the case let someone else answer!) LOL

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Caldor2k2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Now that's a tough one. But I believe my final answer is Blaster Master. Loved the setting and the fact that each level's power up tied into finding the next level. And the fact that you could explore levels with the car, but you'd have to get out on foot to explore buildings where the bosses might be. Had lots of fun with that game back in the day.

Honorable mentions:
Bionic Commando
Castlevania 3
Ninja Gaiden series
Final Fantasy & Dragon Warrior 3

Which game based off media (screenshots, art or trailers) did you have no interest in playing, but once you did so became one of your favorite games? (Its a pity I can't answer my own cause I think the answer would shock people.) :mrgreen:

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby Kitsune » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:54 pm

That's a toughie, I usually avoid games I don't think are good. I rather not waste the money and effort. However, there are a few exceptions, and I think that the biggest one would have to be the Borderlands series.

I HATE FPS games, however BL is different. Yes, it is a FPS, but it also has a fantastic story, remarkable gameplay, and plays a little like an RPG, what with the different classes and Skill Trees. It is very well done.

I'm going to channel Caldor a little here, which game, based off media, did you think you would love, and after you bought it, it became one of your worst and least favorite games?
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby PikaFiend » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:02 pm

That's easy, Resonance of Fate. It -looks- incredible. But I cannot stand the gameplay, so I can't get into it at all. For me, they really screwed the pooch with the mechanics.

Which type of sea creature interests you the most?
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:41 am

The Olive Sea Snake! They're gorgeous and have developed a paddle for a tail. Pretty neat!

If you could instantly learn a skill, like a career skill, what job would you want?

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Jupiter Knight » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:36 am

ss4gogeta069 wrote:The Olive Sea Snake! They're gorgeous and have developed a paddle for a tail. Pretty neat!

If you could instantly learn a skill, like a career skill, what job would you want?

If I could learn a skill it would be computer programming, than I could go into a career for that.

If you could get drunk with any staff member on Game Genie, who would it be?
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby PikaFiend » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:37 pm

Jupiter "left fielding" us again. I hate the feeling of being drunk, but I would like to go out for a beer or two and chew the proverbial fat with Gogeta. I think that'd be cool.

If you could change the ending of one game to suit you better, which game would it be?
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:44 pm

Well, thanks. I think if I could change the ending to any game it would be FF13. I'd make it more drawn out. Like you fight one of them, Barthandelus for example, then you travel to another place and fight What's her Name, then they converge on you while you're just moving through the game and BAM! fight! LOL

If you could have the devs of any game that has a locked save unlock the game save, what game would it be, and why?

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Jupiter Knight » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:27 pm

ss4gogeta069 wrote:Well, thanks. I think if I could change the ending to any game it would be FF13. I'd make it more drawn out. Like you fight one of them, Barthandelus for example, then you travel to another place and fight What's her Name, then they converge on you while you're just moving through the game and BAM! fight! LOL

If you could have the devs of any game that has a locked save unlock the game save, what game would it be, and why?

Thats a good question. I would have said Kingdom of Amalar. :mrgreen:

What game do you wish had been better developed?
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby Caldor2k2 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:21 pm

I would say Xenogears. One of my all time favorite RPGs of all time, but the nearer you get to the end of the game, the more rush job seems to come to mind. I've read over the years that this was due to budget and time issues which are hard to say if true or false.

Who is your favorite author?

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby Jupiter Knight » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Caldor2k2 wrote:I would say Xenogears. One of my all time favorite RPGs of all time, but the nearer you get to the end of the game, the more rush job seems to come to mind. I've read over the years that this was due to budget and time issues which are hard to say if true or false.

Who is your favorite author?

J.D. Salinger is my all time favorite author. My favorite book by him is The Catcher In the Rye.

What is your favorite rock band?
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:27 pm

That's easy. Nirvana!!!

What is the hardest game you've ever played?

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Jupiter Knight » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:34 am

ss4gogeta069 wrote:That's easy. Nirvana!!!

What is the hardest game you've ever played?

So far. Alien Isolation.

How is your day going?
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby Kitsune » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:15 pm

None too terrible. Slight headache, but that is from playing games.

What is the most you have ever spent on a game or game-related item/merchandise (i.e. like a Collector's Edition, something rare, etc.), and was it worth it?
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby PikaFiend » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:22 pm

I put out $80 for the Diablo Battle Chest when it was brand new. It was totally worth it.

How often do you eat fast food?
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Skiller » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:16 am

Just preordered the Mortal Kombat X: Kollector's Edition 160$
Exclusive Scorpion figurine and Certificate of Authenticity, designed by Coarse

i seem to go all out when it comes to Mortal Kombat lol picked up the
Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition (Wayback when MK9 come out)
Injustice Collectors Edition to
Skiller
Freelancer

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am

Everyday monday thru friday.

What 2015 game are you most anticipating?

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Jupiter Knight » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:37 am

ss4gogeta069 wrote:Everyday monday thru friday.

Mortal Kombat X for PS4

Same question:

Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:42 am

As if you have to ask. LOL

So, what is your favorite SHMUP of all time?? That's shoot-em up if you don't know.

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Next

Return to General Discussion