ps4

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

I Need Game Genie On PS4

Postby Deekirk40 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Man It Would Be So Nice To Have A Game Genie For The PS4.
Deekirk40

Re: ps4

Postby RWDJ » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:16 am

DeltaOblivion wrote:I read the article on Psx-Scene and I thought: "Whoa! Now it's only a matter of time and work; if and only IF they are willing going through with it." Honestly speaking I'm not going to hold my breath. I want to see it happen, but...as I say: "Patience is a virtue" and I know Game Genie for the PS4 is on high demand, but take this proverb to heart: "Don't force it or it will not happen"

You say that, but it's the part where we "force it" that shows the company we really do want it and it might be worth investing in.... Also, money might be the "universal motivator" but this isn't a multibillion dollar gaming franchise with advertising for the freaking superbowl. For the PS3 Game Genie, it's digital and then there's a version of with a USB... it wasn't that hard to sell. If people wanted it, they got it. A little money required, yes, but not too much. This real issue is probably finding exploits that can't be patched which would render the product useless.
RWDJ

Re: I Need Game Genie On PS4

Postby PikaFiend » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:42 am

Deekirk40 wrote:Man It Would Be So Nice To Have A Game Genie For The PS4.

I merged your topic with this one.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

PS4 Need a Game genie!

Postby Rakai » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:21 pm

It been awhile since I been on this forum but I have to talk about something that been on my mind as of late.. So the PS4 is out and about but no save editor that I know of is out in the wild yet for it and then I was surprised Hyperkin didn't be the first to make one. What I mean is a Game Genie of course for the ps4 and to be honest I would buy that without thinking twice because I have the one for the ps3 and found very useful. I do hope that the team behind Game Genie does make one for the ps4 it would help a lot and it will probably sell a lot as well. So there my opinion good day everyone.
The king of the iron fist tournament.
Rakai
GG Fan

Postby lakell00 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:58 pm

speaking of ps4 game genie would yall like to start a donation forum for it like they did with shemue 3 on kickster and made millions easy. I say game genie or hyperkin do something similar on here that way it might come out faster and yall wouldnt have to worry about funds in the long run
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:10 am

It won't do anything lake. Just be patient. Tbh, I really don't think Hyperkin would like us collecting donations to fund a PS4 GG project. It may eventually happen but it's not gonna be anywhere as easy as the PS3 GG and look how long it was before the PS3 GG came out. The saves are dynamic. They don't just have one encryption for each game like PS3 does.
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby lakell00 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:09 am

o i see dang the coding is much harder than wow so u probality taking 4x encryption at earliest
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:20 pm

Each save is encrypted differently if I understand correctly

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby lakell00 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:59 pm

that i figured out what i meant was like for example resonance of fate excrytion level or harder on ps4
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:07 am

well, I don't think it's comparable to RoF. More like if you took a game, say Final Fantasy 13, and each save has a different encryption key. Not each person's save, or each game's save but every single save has a different key. Makes it hard. Now, even harder is the fact that the save has to be verified by the server. For example, if you have a save and manage to figure out the key, if you mod it and re-encrypt it, the key would change and be different than what is on the server so it will return an error. It would technically be possible to stay completely offline and use a modded save but as soon as you reconnect to the web it will error out.

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby lakell00 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:18 am

wow top notch security hopefully it will even be possible
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Bree » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:07 pm

Sorry for posting this but not about the PS4 ,but anyways why don't Hyperkin make a GG for the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii U,just bypass the online junk,I don't play online,I can care less about the achievements or trophies,Also I heard the PS 4 is a tough nut to crack,might add why dont the Devs or sony nintendo or mirco soft care if we cheat,they got there money,we buy the system for $XXX.XX and the games as well,so we can do what we want with them sell them trash them or dont play them,but as long we dont cheat online.
I hardly Use GG anyways I play the game a few times with out it and after I get done with the game I play it again with GG.
I do hope PS4 get a GG soon.
Bree
Game Genie Addict

Postby PikaFiend » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:29 pm

Well, it wouldn't be financially viable to create an engine for 360 because there are a basically infinite amount of very good options for free, not only save hacking, but memory editors for it. The Wii U, as I understand it, hasn't even been fully cracked yet, and if/when it is, the same will probably apply.

As to why the companies, particularly Sony care? Because there are trophy hunters like Gaara who were forced to give it up for PS3 because, well, the satisfaction was gone when you had people instantly getting trophies they worked very hard for, in very tough games. And also the online component, on all counts. This is why we've been going to pains to ensure not only that the cheats made don't effect online play, but also aren't specifically for trophy unlocks.

I wouldn't hold my breath on PS4 GG though. Each save being assigned a unique key, every time you save, in every game, that then has to be verified by their server algorithms to be playable isn't something that will be even in the same neighbourhood as easy to get past, if it even can be.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby lakell00 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:08 pm

@pika i dont think its possible to make codes with it unlocking trophies in some way or another im a trophy hunter myself but personality i dont think is possible cuz most games will put up a trophy. example hey get 500000 dollars well thats real easy cuz game genie or any cheat device is most like the 1st code made is max money and all u do is put in the code for max money and boom........ trophy unlocks its really that simple. as far as trophy hacks are i say there is always someone thats gonna eventually hack it these developers or companies need to realise that no matter how much protection they do its only a matter at time before somebreaks through it. they might of well let us do what we want with our systems hell we bought them they got the money why they nagging i can see if trophies/achievements unlocks stuff on the psn/xbox store but it dont do nothing but bragging right and or more stuff to do in the game. I like trophies and if i like a game im going to plat it cuz i feel it gives me more for the price but that just me though
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby PikaFiend » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:18 pm

There's a difference between codes that have trophies unlock as a side effect, and ones designed for that specific purpose. That's what we talk about, and I was talking about there, when saying that we don't allow codes made explicitly for trophy hunting.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby lakell00 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:23 pm

u right that is a big difference but from what im hearing or seeing its like they want to design the next game genie product its main purpose to not unlock trophies
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Kitsune » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:46 pm

lakell00 wrote:u right that is a big difference but from what im hearing or seeing its like they want to design the next game genie product its main purpose to not unlock trophies

And if they can, I am all for it. Unlocking Trophies intentionally, or unintentionally, is wrong, and shouldn't help. It means that you didn't earn it.
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby PikaFiend » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:17 pm

I mirror that. Furthermore, -if- the encryptions and save method can be broken, a PS4 GG can be made and the trophy unlocking is taken completely off the menu when applying codes, that's one less reason for them to go after Hyperkin and the product over.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby lakell00 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:27 pm

if only it was that easy its like the trophies are like a locked save you can transfer it unless u hack it........ but if it unlocks a trophy on accident thats understandable but if its like a complete trophy hack like some ppl do then yes i understand where yall coming from in that standpoint
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:30 am

In the designing of a PS4 they will put as a top priority to block trophies when a code is put in. Sony DOES NOT like us unlocking trophies. We aren't about trophies anyway. We're about more playability and that's what we get from GG. I can totally understand people's frustration when they work hard for a trophy and someone puts a code in and gets it with no work. But this is all a moot discussion I imagine as I seriously doubt we will see a GG and if we do it will be 2020 or later.

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Kitsune » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:21 am

And let's refrain from mentioning Trophies and Game Genie and unlocking in the same conversation. Tends to look bad, like we are discussing how.
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby lakell00 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:24 am

@kitsume did u get my pm and also do u need more saves for mgs2
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Kitsune » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:32 am

lakell00 wrote:@kitsume did u get my pm and also do u need more saves for mgs2

I did, and more is better.

I can't promise anything about your PM, all I know is that Gogeta was working with that, not me.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby lakell00 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:04 pm

ok ill do some more on okami hd later right now i hope we get an update this week with atleast mgs2 since its probality a harder game to crack then okami
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby danilo_scala » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:54 pm

i wait ps4 version , this is fantastic and great work when release...
danilo_scala
Contributer

Playstation 4 Game Genie?

Postby Bloodknight037 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:50 am

I recently got Playstation 4 system, but its currently in my Closet. The Reason for that is Playstation 3 are still useable and there still many game in the making.. Plus there only few Playstation 4 games, So I probably will put Playstation 4 up once Final Fantasy VII come out.. ((I hope to God that they don't mess with Turned base Combat System))

Once Playstation 4 games start coming out within few years, will we have Playstation 4 Game Genie, I heard it'll be call Game Genie part 2?

I hope that there will be one for Playstation 4, I don't see Why Not...

I'm assuming Playstation 4 Game Genie part 2 will be USB like the Playstation 3 one?
Bloodknight037
GG Fan

Postby PikaFiend » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:15 am

I merged your topic with this one, as there's already a place where your question's been answered several times over.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Bloodknight037 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:19 am

PikaFiend wrote:I merged your topic with this one, as there's already a place where your question's been answered several times over.

Ok thanks :), I was browsing down till I find the answer I may missed it! XD Question is... will we get Playstation 4 Game Genie? I noticed they've been making lot of digital games for us to download instead of needing to buy Discs.. Perhaps can make Software Game Genie for Playstation 4, where we can download it from Disc or Flash Drive USB? Once we download the Digital Games or installed game from discs to our playstation 4 harddrive.. Can click to combine our Game Genie with the game?

Anyway, Will it be coming out soon the Playstation 4 Game Genie in the future? I understand there only small amount of games currently out at the moment.. but perhaps within few years? Wouldn't hurt to start having Playstation 4 Game Genie and while we're waiting for more games can get codes all ready to go! :D

I don't see Playstation 5 coming out that soon, because Sony just released Playstation 4, plus Playstation 3 is still going strong. Even if Playstation 5 coming out, There will still be Games coming out for Playstation 4, can alway get Game genie ready for Playstation 5 once games coming out in the future..

Sorry for keep asking what the final decision on this subject? Will we have Playstation 4 Game Genie???? :/ :\ :(

Thanks for your time
Bloodknight037
Bloodknight037
GG Fan

Postby PikaFiend » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:29 am

It's unclear, to be honest. The way the saves work for PS4 is much more complicated than the PS3 and I honestly don't know if it even -can- be done. If it's going to happen, it'll be announced, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it being any time in the next couple of years.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Bloodknight037 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:30 am

PikaFiend wrote:PS4 does not have backwards compatibility. Frankly, I don't think it needs it and Xbox is going to have a hell of a time catching up to them with or without it.

But, the reason for that is because Sony said they want to move on to forward, move to future of the gaming instead of backward. That why I'm planning on hooking up Playstation 3 next to Playstation 4, once playstation 4 get more games.

I see that we'll get lot of amazing future playstation 4 games with top notch graphic, and it'll suck if we don't get GAme Genie with it.

We do need Game Genie for Playstatioin 4 :/.

Wait a min.. Wait a min... Playstation 3 Game Genie doesn't even work on Playstation 1 and 2 games, only PS3 games.. So what the difference between that and PS4?!?

Hmm.. I may misunderstood your answered, if I did.. sorry about that.. :(
Bloodknight037
GG Fan

Postby PikaFiend » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:07 am

I wasn't talking at all about Game Genie there. Just that there's no backwards compatibility for the system and, despite lots of people complaining about it, I don't think it needs it.

In terms of the difference between PS3 and PS4 for saves. PS3 saves have various levels of encryption and different checksums. PS4 games have that and then some, while also containing unique keys for verification that have to be checked by the system/Sony servers and they change every time you save. It's a far more complicated process.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Bree » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:52 pm

Hyperkin should just make a APP for the PS 4 and load the app on the pen drive and load it into the PS 4,that could work,never know unless you try
Bree
Game Genie Addict

Postby lakell00 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:30 am

Until Dawn best graphics on ps4 as of yet hands down
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby wil9620 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:23 pm

I can understand that it'll be a really hard -if not impossible- challenge for you guys... But if you allow people making donations to support your work on this, I'll be there :)
wil9620
GG Fan

Postby riceroni » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:27 pm

@ ss4gogeta069

I'm having a lot of trouble with Resident Evil (Remastered). As in trying to complete it in under 3 hours so I can get the Samurai's edge gun. Is there any way you can play share with me on the PS4 and do this for me? PLEASE?!?
riceroni
GG Fan

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:38 am

Don't have the game nor am I a RE fan. Sorry.

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby riceroni » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:39 pm

Ok. Thanks any way.
riceroni
GG Fan

Postby Jupiter Knight » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:11 pm

PikaFiend wrote:I wasn't talking at all about Game Genie there. Just that there's no backwards compatibility for the system and, despite lots of people complaining about it, I don't think it needs it.

Can't they just keep their PS2 and PS3? Than they can play their old games?
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby riceroni » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Unless you're like me who had a original release day fatty that ultimately died of a irreparable motherboard. I simply felt that any dough I'd have to shell out would be much better spent on the next gen system. But there a quite a few games I truly miss on my PS3. Sony could very inexpensively and easily remedy the backward compatibility issue with virtual machine software.
riceroni
GG Fan

Postby PikaFiend » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Technically, they do have Virtual Console, since they offer PSOne and PS2 games as digital purchases. But people cannot be satisfied so easily and will always demand more.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion