ps4

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Re: ps4

Postby Naho » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:54 am

Hello, PS4 has been updated 2.50 and given that since the save data can be put on a key USB. You'll find a faster solution ?
PS : Forgive me in advance if I make mistakes in the sentence ^^
Naho

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:20 pm

Well, if you're asking about a PS4 Game Genie, I don't think it will affect the development that much. It takes a lot of work to get a functional hack working and watch out for ToS breaches while also developing a program to exploit said hack. It isn't easy. Will still be a year or two at the very earliest!
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Jupiter Knight » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:26 am

ss4gogeta069 wrote:Well, if you're asking about a PS4 Game Genie, I don't think it will affect the development that much. It takes a lot of work to get a functional hack working and watch out for ToS breaches while also developing a program to exploit said hack. It isn't easy. Will still be a year or two at the very earliest!

What if its like....4-5 years like the GG PS3 version took?
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby Kitsune » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:34 am

Well, he said "...one or two at the very earliest!" To me, that means it could take that long, or a decade or never.
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby Naho » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:56 am

ss4gogeta069 thank you for answering my question, I understand and I hope one day it will come out.
I wish good luck to the team and thank you for the work you do :)
Naho

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Yeah, I want it just a badly as you guys. I've had my PS4 since Feb of 2014 and I've wanted one since my first game, Knack. Would be awesome to have for it. But, alas, we must wait on the Genies to genie the PS4 out of it's bottle. You have to rub it just right! :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Kitsune » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:34 pm

ss4gogeta069 wrote:You have to rub it just right! :-)

Need I say more?
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby Caldor2k2 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:55 pm

ss4gogeta069 wrote:But, alas, we must wait on the Genies to genie the PS4 out of it's bottle. You have to rub it just right! :-)

If you do it wrong this will happen to you. :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzv8CfwM7Bc&t=6m06s

And don't worry its nothing dirty lol.
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby Jupiter Knight » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:37 am

Caldor2k2 wrote:
ss4gogeta069 wrote:But, alas, we must wait on the Genies to genie the PS4 out of it's bottle. You have to rub it just right! :-)

If you do it wrong this will happen to you. :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzv8CfwM7Bc&t=6m06s

And don't worry its nothing dirty lol.

LOL. Awesome video. The Genie slapped him in the lamp instead. :lol: :lol:
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Sat May 16, 2015 1:15 am

Is it me or is this gen of consoles ps4 xbox one just not revolutionary upto spec with what xbox360 and ps3 was to its predecessors?
"Don’t Make Decisions When You’re Angry. Don’t Make Promises When You’re Happy.”
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby PikaFiend » Sat May 16, 2015 1:28 am

The fact that in order to test the limits of this gen, Batman Arkham Knight on the Batmobile alone is too much for the previous ones -and- the Wii U should tell you that we can expect a lot more from them.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby lakell00 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:40 pm

could the ps4 game genie whenever it comes out be a memory editor like codebreaker and or gameshark instead of a save editor or both or is that impossible
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Kitsune » Tue May 19, 2015 9:51 pm

lakell00 wrote:could the ps4 game genie whenever it comes out be a memory editor like codebreaker and or gameshark instead of a save editor or both or is that impossible

Impossible, for the same reasons why we can't make Game Genie a memory editor for the PS3.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby lakell00 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:13 pm

understood thanks
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Jupiter Knight » Fri May 22, 2015 1:51 pm

There's really no telling what the next Game Genie cheat tool is going to be like until it's announced or is released. :|
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby lakell00 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:13 pm

ya man I hope it comes out sooner than later cuz it seems this site is slowing down when it comes to game saves and what not as nearly update as usual I know I submitted a save for okami but haven't seen nothing on it as of yet and I submitted it months ago
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Jupiter Knight » Sat May 23, 2015 11:01 am

lakell00 wrote:ya man I hope it comes out sooner than later cuz it seems this site is slowing down when it comes to game saves and what not as nearly update as usual I know I submitted a save for okami but haven't seen nothing on it as of yet and I submitted it months ago

I think the GG team is busy addressing things as of right now as far as codes go.

They will get to it eventually. I noticed a while back that some codes were finally produced for some games, and especially here that I had been waiting on. :)

As for the PS4 Game Genie. That's probably years down the road. GG PS3 was released about a year before... 2012..... very close to when the PS4 was when it was released in Nov.2013.

So I imagine it'll take the next GG version about as long to come. Just a guess really.

But to be honest I'm not concerned about it.
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby lakell00 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:18 pm

true I also hear that they are trying to block out trophies while making a gg for ps4 so u probality right it might take longer than ps3 game genie I hope not also from what I see from the ps4 theres no locked saves so that's a plus on that
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby riceroni » Sun May 31, 2015 9:35 pm

What people don't realize is MONEY is the universal motivator. With the proper funding for the PS4 Game Genie's R&D this thing could've already been on store shelves. If Hyperkin could find a partner with deep pockets we could see this product in no time flat.
riceroni
GG Fan

Postby lakell00 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:17 am

but do hyperkin even have the funds lets be real I never heard of hyperkin or game genie till it all of the sudden pop up as a ps3 cheat device. the only device that I thought were good back in the day was gameshark and action replay till I found out that game genie was on snes years ago......
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby PikaFiend » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:50 am

Well, it's not as though the Game Genies are their only product. They make plenty of other gaming related things, such as controllers, combination consoles, replacement parts and cable extenders/splitters for more controllers to be used.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby lakell00 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:38 pm

wow well that's new to me
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Jupiter Knight » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:52 pm

riceroni wrote:What people don't realize is MONEY is the universal motivator. With the proper funding for the PS4 Game Genie's R&D this thing could've already been on store shelves. If Hyperkin could find a partner with deep pockets we could see this product in no time flat.

Very true and I strongly agree with you. Money would be the biggest difference! :D

I am aware they have other products. But still...it takes money and investments to get any where.

If Hyperkin shelled out more money and resources into the Game Genie or found a partner with those deep pockets and rich resources. There would be more results and we would see more of it.It would make all the difference in the world.

I think that is the difference with any product. Money + Investments + Funding = X amount of sales and results. :D
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby PikaFiend » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:58 pm

The problem with that view is it assumes the importance placed on the Game Genie product. Hyperkin's main revenue comes from elsewhere, this brings in very little in comparison, so they're going to devote more resources to the products that bring in more revenue. I understand everyone wants things as soon as they can possibly get them, but it wouldn't be good business to pour more resources into something that's at the relative low end of what they generate.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Kitsune » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:19 pm

You also have to think back to your schooling days. If you ever took Economy, you will know of Supply and Demand.

A comapny isn't just going to devote an innumerable amount of resources toward a product and/or service unless the Demand is great. Yes, there is the community here, but it is relatively small compared to their other ventures, and the consumers Demand of those.

I'm sure we are on the radar, however it is probably a lower priority compared to other products and/or services. Simply meaning it will take longer to produce what we want.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby riceroni » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Kitsune wrote:You also have to think back to your schooling days. If you ever took Economy, you will know of Supply and Demand.

A comapny isn't just going to devote an innumerable amount of resources toward a product and/or service unless the Demand is great. Yes, there is the community here, but it is relatively small compared to their other ventures, and the consumers Demand of those.

I'm sure we are on the radar, however it is probably a lower priority compared to other products and/or services. Simply meaning it will take longer to produce what we want.

Well that's where that deep budget we're talking about comes in as well. One of the things I learned in business/advertising is enough money can create demand. Start putting commercials on TV and YouTube and banners on every other website of this product and we'll see that community swell to epic proportions. You may be shocked as to how fast demand will grow. Where the waters get murky is just how beholden to such financiers Hyperkin is willing to be and at what rate. But that's another discussion altogether.

But trust me, enough money thrown at this will create a huge buzz as well as get it to market in nearly no time flat.
riceroni
GG Fan

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:26 am

The most awesome Hyperkin product, imo, is the Supaboy. It's a portable SNES. It has connections for SNES controllers. Amazing product. A close runner up is the Retron 5 which takes the standard definition output of older consoles and lets you play them in HD!!!!!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby lakell00 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:56 pm

man horizon was the best game at e3 hands down even though ff7 remake got the most noise and we know uncharted 4 and mgs is gonna sell big but goty will go to mgs5 hands down no competition
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Bloodknight037 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:23 am

The thing is, they're already making Playstation 5.. Wouldn't Game Genie makers rather wait till Playstation 5 to come out which shouldn't be long! XD What you guys/ladies think?

Well I'm assuming PS4 games will be playable on PS5.. So perhaps Game Genie will work on PS4 games on PS5 System? -shrugs-
Bloodknight037
GG Fan

Postby lakell00 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:50 pm

I doubt they would make ps5 bc they wont even make ps4 bc and Microsoft did with the xboxone. I got a feeling the xboxone will have a boost sell and might surpass the us sells on ps4 eventually cuz from what I see sony is doing what Microsoft did last gen and getting somewhat money hungry with this so called playstation now crap they might of well just charge us for bc like a year subscription or something or better yet just make all hd remasters on ps3 only
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:43 am

I'm aiming to buy both ps4 and xbox one by Christmas Dec or January next year. Does anyone know if its backwards compatible with ps3 games? I hear that xbox one are losing sales so they are making their system backwards compatible with xbox 360 games?

I already started collecting some ps4 and xbox one games. I doubt I'll have time to play cause of my work but when I become unemployed again I'm going to have quite the time.
"Don’t Make Decisions When You’re Angry. Don’t Make Promises When You’re Happy.”
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby PikaFiend » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:19 am

PS4 does not have backwards compatibility. Frankly, I don't think it needs it and Xbox is going to have a hell of a time catching up to them with or without it.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby lakell00 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:35 am

i think ps4 will eventually outsell the ps2 and since gaming today has changed and all about graphics (to most gamers) also ya the xbox one only make they money in the united states every where else ppl say its trash lol
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:18 am

That's a shame there are a lot of ps3 games that I would of liked to replay on ps4 without the need to purchase and download them again. I'm not doing that again I'm done with buying games again that I already own.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby lakell00 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:04 pm

does that also include hd remakes from ps2 games to ps3
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby PikaFiend » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:03 pm

Yes, it includes that. PS4 supports only PS4 games.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby lakell00 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:07 pm

ok
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby lakell00 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:29 am

i don't understand why these developers can bring ps3 games to ps4 with 1080p 60fps but when its built on the ps4 from the ground up its only 1080p 30fps why is that are the developers that lazy or something
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby luffy2012 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:48 pm

riceroni wrote:What people don't realize is MONEY is the universal motivator. With the proper funding for the PS4 Game Genie's R&D this thing could've already been on store shelves. If Hyperkin could find a partner with deep pockets we could see this product in no time flat.

Getting back on topic here.

I might have to agree here. If money is the case, then Hyperkin (or whatever) should accept donations for the PS4 Game Genie. But if that's not possible, have Hyperkin considered... well I don't know, maybe.......... Kick-Starter?
luffy2012
GG Fan

Postby DeltaOblivion » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:04 pm

I read the article on Psx-Scene and I thought: "Whoa! Now it's only a matter of time and work; if and only IF they are willing going through with it." Honestly speaking I'm not going to hold my breath. I want to see it happen, but...as I say: "Patience is a virtue" and I know Game Genie for the PS4 is on high demand, but take this proverb to heart: "Don't force it or it will not happen"
DeltaOblivion
GG Fan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion