ps4

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Re: ps4

Postby herolegend » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:11 am

You'd think that they do though because they did a limited edition version of final fantasy type-0 console bundle, and I'm thinking hey FF7 is way more of a legend iconic game set bundle that also looks like they re-designed the whole game from scratch not to mention for over 10 years fans have been wanting this sequel. Just saying had I been a director of publishing this I would have it set for limited edition console version like black/silver with materia designs on it maybe even holes with shiny material gems that can act as materia and can be used to switch console on and one to each the disk, and or one with Sephiroths sword, yeah I think I'd want a masamune too. Can come with artbooks, soundtracks etc..

As for why well, perhaps somewhere down the line these would be worth a lot of money, and if not its like going to an art museum, Its a piece of art that should be cherished.
"Don’t Make Decisions When You’re Angry. Don’t Make Promises When You’re Happy.”
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby lakell00 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:33 pm

to be honest i couldnt get into ff7 back in the day but i bought it on ps1 ps3/ps4 version ill keep cuz we can use codes on it lol hopefully its good game but alot of ppl saying ffxv will be game of the century.......... guess we shall see
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:46 am

is it possible to mod Final fantasy x- x-2 remake on ps4 using ps3 save data? If the game allows you to convert and why shouldn't it not because its the same?
"Don’t Make Decisions When You’re Angry. Don’t Make Promises When You’re Happy.”
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby herolegend » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:29 am

lakell00 wrote:@hero how is tomb raider is it good should i wait for the ps4 version cuz i have a xbox one as well lol

I'm re reply-quoting this, actually playing it more in depth now I feel that I'm actually getting a bit bored of it, its not like anniversary or underworld where those felt like more classic tomb raider games, it seems this is more like action based without the action, most of the time you often wonder around and there's hardly anything to interact with, the combat when it happens is decent but not great, there's just something lame about it I can't quite place my finger on it. Maybe its just a typical duck cover and shoot which to me is cliche and boring. The outfits are boring, the weapons you can't really customize aesthetics, your forced to use a gun muffler or the better upgraded weapon which are all really boring to look at.

For instance I got a hand gun its jet black okay so thats cool with a black ops lookalike outfit but the moment you get a silencer for it, the cool factor goes away and I believe your forced to keep it as it applies to all hand guns once upgraded.

imo the best option would be to let the player customize how they want their player to look and not force them on a road that can only lead to damnation of your game.

The puzzles are harder than the previous one much harder than the previous one but still nothing compared to Anniversary or Underworld. It has some better features though than those games, like being able to find treasure on the map a lot easier without having to re-comb your footsteps a million times, now it points roughly where it is on the map you just got to get to it somehow. No more blind searching which is what I like. But the environments are rather boring to me, don't get me wrong it looks good but the hype that was tomb raider is no longer there any more.

ever since I got Xenoblade chronicles X on wii-U I stopped playing this game because the other allows you to customize how you want your character to look and camera angles how you want it to feel, and not to mention a planet size world map, with hours of storyline and gameplay in there. Yeah good thing I got a next gen console when nothing new on it made so far can even compare with xenoblade chronicles X. This game got me back into games properly now i cant stop playing Xenoblade. Get a wii-U instead and wait 1 year then get rise of tomb raider for your ps4 when its gone down in price, the game isn't worth the hassle if your an old school fan like me that is.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby PikaFiend » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:40 am

Heh, and there you were thinking Wii-U wasn't a good investment. Glad something finally piqued your interest.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby herolegend » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:21 am

PikaFiend wrote:Heh, and there you were thinking Wii-U wasn't a good investment. Glad something finally piqued your interest.

lol yeah I couldn't believe it, just a hint for anyone that's going to get xenoblade chronicles X don't bother with limited edition its over priced the usb stick is 800mb and already comes full up with 10 music tracks you will have to format it to use 800mb max not 1gb, so usb is useless, the artbook is boring and un-interesting, just the game is worth it thats it lol, the LE costs over 150-180$ on ebay I paid 189$ its not worth it! Wish I can go back in time save that money towards a ps4.

Having said that though Xenoblade chronicles X would have easily been better on ps4 and xbox one, rather than a wii-U, I think wii-u doesn't look as good as many ps3 and xbox360 games though. How sad is that.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby PikaFiend » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:00 am

Nintendo focuses more on gameplay than graphical superiority. It's one of the reasons I respect the company so much. They don't produce as many games as Sony or Microsoft or PC devs do, but the work they put in to make those games fun to play and different is a lot more than can be said for a lot of the cut and paste others do. Every Mario and Mario spinoff is different and given new and interesting mechanics, for example. Hell, look at how far Smash Bros. has come. Now look at everyone else. You've got EA putting out what? 20 sports games a year? And Simcity online, good grief. Or the long line of CoD games that are just more polished versions of the previous iterations with little to nothing of real substance changed?

Don't get me wrong, I love my collection of PS2/3/4 games. But the diversity of the Nintendo library, even while being so much smaller, is far better.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby herolegend » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:33 am

Nintendo Lack DLC content though, and I only like few games on their system. If only they would do some DLC for those unique few I'd respect them more. Just 5 or 6 games doesn't cut it, this is one reason why I respect some developers for the consoles Xbox one and PS4 they aren't just about graphics it depends on the developer of course, too bad there's just too many developers out there these days, that just want to focus more on the graphics and things you can do in the game rather than gameplay characters/voices and storyline itself.

My first playthrough with life is strange on pc was great the game flaws with replay value story tweaks, but storyline as a whole, characters and voices and scenes were so memorable that I was left empty when I completed it, as I wanted more its too short. However that first playthrough kept me going more than rise of tomb raider ever did. Life is strange has just as much decent gameplay first time you play it as good as xenoblade chronicles X in its own right of course, thanks to (life is strange) characters their voice actors and storyline not to mention the music was so good, and the situations they got into, the acting and emotion the game had moved many players across the globe.

You just wanted to keep playing it to find out what happens next. That's some good story writing right there, even though it seems like they took a page from The butterfly effect. I don't mind as long as I had fun playing it, besides I liked that movie.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby Rakai » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:51 pm

GenieLamp wrote:If and when we have something to announce with regards to PS4, we will let you all know :)

I can't wait for the day. Day one buy.
The king of the iron fist tournament.
Rakai
GG Fan

Postby lakell00 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:28 pm

ps4 might be hacked next week guys heres the link

http://wololo.net/2015/12/23/will-fail0 ... this-year/

they claim they hacked the ps3 and now they claim they might be able to hack ps4 next week..............
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:54 am

I don't mean to laugh but wololo is quite a joke of a site... Furthermore this "hack" is simply linux on very low firmware ps4s. It's nothing really new. Just further expanding on what's already been discovered and talked about ages ago..

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby lakell00 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:32 am

its cool just something i ran into thought i post it o well
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Is there any chance of a PS4 Game Genie coming out this year

Postby MonkeyDad1977 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:38 pm

I was just wondering if there is any chance of a PS4 Game Genie coming out this year? The PS4 has been out for over two years now. I think that it is time for a PS4 Game Genie.
MonkeyDad1977
Contributer

Re: Is there any chance of a PS4 Game Genie coming out this

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:46 am

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:I was just wondering if there is any chance of a PS4 Game Genie coming out this year? The PS4 has been out for over two years now. I think that it is time for a PS4 Game Genie.

Chances are no. If and when there will be one, as stated Idk over a 100 times now, there will be an announcement made.

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby lakell00 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:33 pm

dude u dreaming if u think a cheat device is gonna be available this early heck we all wish it was genie on aladdin
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby PS3guy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm just going to do what I did for getting the current GG Device for the PS3. I'm going to be patient and wait for it to become a product that will be legally sold and bought; I still have PS3 games I've not officially begun to play yet with cheats I want to use found both on the official game list and here on the forums. :)
PS3guy
Contributer

Postby herolegend » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:23 pm

There's no rush ps3 is still better than ps4 same with xbox360 is better than xbox one. I'd say they need a few more years to catch up to the decent games that they had going on the previous consoles, it seems the more powerful consoles that come out the harder it is to code or something, either that or the decent artists and companies stopped working on the next gen consoles.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby DeltaOblivion » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:43 am

Rakai wrote:
GenieLamp wrote:If and when we have something to announce with regards to PS4, we will let you all know :)

I can't wait for the day. Day one buy.

So do I. There's a skin in "Batman: Arkham Knight" called "Batsuit V8.05" you only can unlock it if you 240% the game. Meaning you can only use it in Free Roam and Challenge Mode. No chance in heck to use it in either Story Mode or NG+. Still I won't hold my breath until an announcement is made.
DeltaOblivion
GG Fan

Postby PikaFiend » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:35 am

Well, you can use it in story mode. You really only need to beat the game about once and a half, including the Season of Infamy DLC missions. 240% is cumulative over a playthrough and a NG+. Not that hard to do, really. I could unlock it in the next week if I played through on one of my several 150% saves.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby DeltaOblivion » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:42 am

PikaFiend wrote:Well, you can use it in story mode. You really only need to beat the game about once and a half, including the Season of Infamy DLC missions. 240% is cumulative over a playthrough and a NG+. Not that hard to do, really. I could unlock it in the next week if I played through on one of my several 150% saves.

But I want to use it at the very beginning of NG+, not halfway through it. I know beggars can't be choosers, but that's why Save Modding is used in the 1st place. But as I said: I can wait a few more years for the PS4 Game Genie comes out, but I won't hold my breath if you guys decide not to make it. Since I'm not buying "PS2 to PS4" games (Since it's a waste of money and resources IMAO) I bought a "Mini PS2 to HDMI Video Converter"; Now I can play my old PS2 games in HD. Since Sony crossed me with that load of bull, I'm feeling quite nostalgic and planning to dust off my old PS2 games. Still I can't decide which game to start off first from my PS2 collection. If you guys feel like I do, have a go at it. You can get the Mini PS2 to HDMI Video Converter at ebay for $15.
DeltaOblivion
GG Fan

Postby Kate987 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:39 am

The Day Ps3 games become playable on Ps4 is the day I am happy! Does anybody know if this is going to happen at any point or are they just gonna keep releasing new games?
Kate987

Postby lakell00 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:26 pm

I say the ps3 will probality last until 2017/2018. or until someone makes the 1st move to discontinue the system. the ps3 is getting less games every year but i think developers wanted to move on to ps4/xbox one cuz of the way these systems get hacked in a way
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby PikaFiend » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:00 pm

I wouldn't count out the PS3 just yet. The last game released for the PS2 was in 2012, 6 years after PS3 dropped. I don't expect the PS3 to get a torrent of releases, but I doubt it's floundering and giving its death wails yet.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby PikaFiend » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:03 pm

I still have my PS2. It has great games. I got my first PS3 a month after it dropped, and my PS4 last year. People will just use what they like. If it was the case that systems died when game production dropped off or finished entirely, we wouldn't have the Angry Video Game Nerd or sponsored NES and Arcade tournaments anymore. It would surprise me if a few hardware downgraded ports are the things that kill the PS3.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby lakell00 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:57 am

i know that i hope sony brings shadows hearts , shadow hearts convenant, and shadow hearts from a new world to ps4 man thats a classic

p.s. im loving the division i think its awesome way better than destiny
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Caldor2k2 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:10 pm

lakell00 wrote:i know that i hope sony brings shadows hearts , shadow hearts convenant, and shadow hearts from a new world to ps4 man thats a classic

I'd love to see that happen, but alas I think the chances of it happening are probably next to zero. The company that owns the rights to it (according to wikipedia anyway) hasn't released any games since 2010, and SH: From the New World was the last US game released almost 11 years ago. I dunno, it just seems hard to believe that they'd be willing to do anything with it now.
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby lakell00 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:09 am

hmm idk i read somewhere that the new developer wants to bring it to ps4/ps3 ill post the article/link when i find it
p.s. heres the article and can u post links on here

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... -interview
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Caldor2k2 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:26 am

That was a pretty interesting article & video. Not everyday that a game creator wants to make another game in the series after a decade. Hopefully he or someone else can pull some strings to get the IP holder to sign off on it so they can put it on the PS4. I would rather see a HD remaster (maybe), but with the PS2 emulation now that will probably be the easier solution.
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member

Postby lakell00 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:17 am

it dont matter to me as long as i can somehow get max money on ps4 version with a glitch like dark cloud broken dagger i rather have it on ps4 fully updated. but if it goes on ps3 then even more codes
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Chloe10 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:54 am

I think for the majority of PlayStation gamers to move onto the newer consoles (PS4) you need to be able to bring back the games that made PlayStation what it is today such as games like Crash Bandicoot, Rayman and many others and even the newer titles like Call of Duty need to bring back the older games what are your opinions?
Chloe10

Postby lakell00 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:06 pm

truthfully i never really got into crash bandicoot and rayman and i dont care for call of duty but i do agree most of the classics from ps1/ps2 games are better than all these games today but if ps4/x1 are really the last console then eventually they gonna have to add bc to ps4 atleast
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby lakell00 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:17 pm

im thinking about getting rid of my ps3 and move on to ps4/x1/nintendo's new system
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Bloodknight037 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:16 pm

Hopefully we get PS4 Game Genie! Its time to have one now! :) Since several of the popluar games will be coming to PS4 like Final Fantasy 15, 7, and other one. Star Ocean and many others..

I'm hoping it'll be out before those games come out.. :) Any chance of that happening? :D

Hmm.. I got feeling you guys will make a Software Game Genie for PS4 and after buying them it'll be downloaded to our PS4. Instead of Disc or Flash Drive.. :) I'm just guessing what kind of PS4 Game Genie we'll have in the future! :D
Bloodknight037
GG Fan

Postby lakell00 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:44 pm

trust me we all would love a game genie this year but thats probality not gonna happen any time soon it might take a few more years since the ps4 is much harder than ps3
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby PikaFiend » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:05 pm

If/when a PS4 Game Genie comes out, I doubt it'll involve being installed on the PS4. That would require it being Sony supported software.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Bree » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:03 am

lakell00 wrote:im thinking about getting rid of my ps3 and move on to ps4/x1/nintendo's new system

thrust me Lakell00 keep your PS 3 and the games,you going to be sorry in the long run,I know a lot of people who took that path and they are regretting it.
Bree
Game Genie Addict

Postby lakell00 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:56 pm

thats the thing all the games i played and or beat i also got plat on them as well hell they mostly hd classics lol but ya ill keep it till ps4 atleast gets some type of codes in it
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby lakell00 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:24 pm

how do yall feel about playstation vr
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby spawn62 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:34 am

Hi,

there are news plz?
spawn62
GG Fan

Postby lakell00 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:41 am

why wont sony or Microsoft make an save editor or gameshark for they systems. they make so much money.
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion