ps4

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Re: ps4

Postby riceroni » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:58 pm

LOL! Ain't that the truth?!
riceroni
GG Fan

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:28 am

well, a lot of the problem is that they don't want to purchase the same game multiple times, which I totally understand. Like the PSP/PSVita thing. If you have a UMD game for the PSP then you have to repurchase it for the Vita. It's BS!
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby herolegend » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:14 am

Guys I'm getting a ps4 this Christmas any recommendations on a decent game? I prefer rpgs or J-RPG's. Oh also should I wait to get one maybe they will do a new console or limited edition? Don't want to pull off a got a ps4 but 2-3 months or so down the line a new system comes out same price smaller and better or just looks cooler etc.. Its a bad time for me since I got sacked from my job but I'm willing to go in debt to get rid of my depression so getting both xbox one and ps4 lol
"Don’t Make Decisions When You’re Angry. Don’t Make Promises When You’re Happy.”
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby Bree » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:13 am

herolegend wrote:Guys I'm getting a ps4 this Christmas any recommendations on a decent game? I prefer rpgs or J-RPG's. Oh also should I wait to get one maybe they will do a new console or limited edition? Don't want to pull off a got a ps4 but 2-3 months or so down the line a new system comes out same price smaller and better or just looks cooler etc.. Its a bad time for me since I got sacked from my job but I'm willing to go in debt to get rid of my depression so getting both xbox one and ps4 lol

PS 4
1.Omega Quintet

2.Bloodborne

3.Tales of Zestiria

4.Sword Art Online: Lost Song

5.Dragon Age: Inquisition

6.Dark Souls 2&3

7.Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

8.Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance

9.Fall Out 4

10.Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition

heard that the new console's are made cheaper,I gotten the PlayStation 4 Limited Edition Batman: Arkham Knight 500GB Bundle
cost me a arm and a leg,the non Limited Edition are the same as the Limited Edition's but diff color and grafix on them.If you going to get the PS 4 and XBO I would just go with the reg Edition all black PS 4

Also look on youtube for lets plays of the games I listed and reviews,youtube is a very good place to get info about games,or you can try before you buy aka rent games like I do.
Bree
Game Genie Addict

Postby herolegend » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:42 pm

That's a huge list there, so there is new ps4 coming soon with 1TB and smaller? When is its release date? I'd rather wait till next year and get better model.
"Don’t Make Decisions When You’re Angry. Don’t Make Promises When You’re Happy.”
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby Bree » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:53 pm

herolegend wrote:That's a huge list there, so there is new ps4 coming soon with 1TB and smaller? When is its release date? I'd rather wait till next year and get better model.

the 1TB model is already in the UK,My GF she bought the 1TB at the shop called Game uk http://www.game.co.uk/

Tales of Zestiria will be out in a few days for ps 4 and ps 3
I forgot about dragon quest heroes for ps 4 that be out in a few days as well
Sword Art Online: Lost Song should be out in November.
its up to you if you want to wait next year theirs really no diff between the model you get,the newer ones are just made cheaper and nothing more,as for the 1tb I think you can buy a 2 tb hd an put that in.
If you worry about how many games you can fit on a 500 GB you and install quite a lot.
So you have quite a few options to work with until the end of the year.
Its up to you.
reason why I got that batman ps 4 because it was the last one and I payed 500 usd for it was 450 usd plus 50 usd for the insurance
Bree
Game Genie Addict

Postby herolegend » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:21 pm

Hold on there! I hate anything "UK PAL" All my games since the start of time have been USA or Japanese region, A/ the box artwork is a work of art compared to that of the UK versions and the quality of the materials used are better than Europe / PAL versions.

This is why I prefer US models and limited editions like that halo 5 limited edition xbox one that's on my get list too.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby PikaFiend » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Well, the limited edition Darth Vader console releases as part of the Star Wars: Battlefront bundle on the 17th of November with an accompanying limited edition Vader-inspired Dualshock controller.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 am

that's awesome Fiend!!!
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby herolegend » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:31 am

Well I haven't been much of a star wars fan, I was once when I was like 12-15 but these days I'd prefer a more say RPG, Final Fantasy PS4 or say if they made a Tales rpg ps4, saints row, you know something like that. I'm hoping it will come out by at least early 2016
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby PikaFiend » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:52 am

Well, that's the only one I know of that's scheduled for a release soon and has been announced. There are other limited edition consoles, like the Arkham Knight console or the recent Destiny console, but you'll probably only find those on eBay. Speculation is there will be one for the FF7 release, but there's not even a release date on the game yet, so who knows.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby sentinel71 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:45 am

herolegend wrote:Well I haven't been much of a star wars fan, I was once when I was like 12-15

Same here :) For me, the huge hype for episode 7 is actually keeping me from watching it (probably will, eventually after like a couple of weeks or so when there are no more long lines, or wait for the blu-ray). More excited for dawn of Justice :)
sentinel71
Game Genie Addict

Postby herolegend » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:22 pm

ok thanks for the info guys.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby lakell00 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:43 pm

so who thinks fallout 4 is gonna get game of the year? me personality its either mgs tpp. what about yall
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby angrynewraze » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:36 pm

It's not just the saves that are coded different from the ps3, the games are also coded different because the ps3 had the cell processor that made coding the games and game saves a lot harder. The developers for the games for the ps4 have an easier time coding the games because the ps4's processor is basically a desktop pc knockoff x86 processor so it makes it easier for the developers to make the game cause they are basically a port from pc. So I don't see what's so hard about making a game genie for ps4 vs. the ps3 version. The ps4 game genie should be a lot easier to make then the ps3 one cause the ps3's cell cpu made coding for it harder than the desktop pc cpu knockoff that the ps4 has. That is also why the ps4 has no backwards compatibility for ps3 games. The ps3 used a unique cpu that no other console had. Supposedly update 4.0 for ps4 will give backwards compatibility for ps1/ps2 games but not for ps3 games as ps3 games are just way too hard to re-code and convert for ps4 use.
angrynewraze

Postby lakell00 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:04 pm

@angry thanks for clearing that up
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Soul4Survivor » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:00 am

Ps4 thread?? well i have a question

Will Ps3 saves that you have modded with GG and then transfer over to the ps4 (aka) FFX/X-2HD.. Will those saves still have the mods when you play the game on the ps4?..

I know the ps3 to Vita save had them.. Thanks
Soul4Survivor
GG Fan

Postby lakell00 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:01 pm

@souls the only thing that transfer over is like 99 items and yr master/power upgrade stuff
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby Soul4Survivor » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:31 pm

lakell00 wrote:@souls the only thing that transfer over is like 99 items and yr master/power upgrade stuff

Thanks for the reply lakell00 :D That's good to know 8-)
Soul4Survivor
GG Fan

Postby lakell00 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:39 pm

@soul you welcome
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:03 am

Sorry I had to get an xbox one tomb raider came out and its exclusive for a year plus i got the halo 5 collectors edition with sound effects and aesthetics. Ps4 next year? don't hate me lol
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby lakell00 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:48 am

@hero how is tomb raider is it good should i wait for the ps4 version cuz i have a xbox one as well lol
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:10 am

lakell00 wrote:@hero how is tomb raider is it good should i wait for the ps4 version cuz i have a xbox one as well lol

So far I can safely say it got me back into games, and I haven't played a game since Ragnarok Ace on xbox360 which was over a year ago, Rise of Tomb raider its been epic and the level of detail, graphics , action and storyline seems otherworldly. Lets see if it can keep me in that mood till the game ending. I haven't liked a game for a long time have to say this tomb raider really changed that, and I can't wait to play it again tonight.

If you have the money get it I think they got 1TB rise of tomb raider edition console not sure. you can also plug in another hdmi port in your xbox one and view cable content tv , or even alternate consoles, think it works with laptop as well, you can switch on the fly during your gameplay and use the other device I believe, I haven't tested this out yet but on the videos think I saw a small TV screen pop in your gameplay to see alternate HDMI while your playing like multitasking on the fly. Then my guess is you can open it full screen, I don't think there is any lag too but who knows?

Eventually I will get ps4 too next year when they get some unique limited editions like maybe that of an exclusive RPG console collectors edition. Either way I am happy with this halo 5 collectors edition xbox one, with those custom sound effects and aesthetics so cool the xbox one controller fits me like a glove and feels so good even better than the xbox360 pad, maybe that's my limited edition pad but I feel its amazing during games, my only problem I have is not all xbox360 games can be played just yet, well that and dead or alive 5 last round DLC doesn't carry over yet or maybe not? don't know, and with all the prices I'm not buying the DLC again that's fact.

I think they are working on this issue. Can you blame me? A/ I'm a guy and B/ DOA is well come on do I have to spell it out. Hey don't judge me! I'm single lol

edit- oh by the way I couldn't wait personally I've been a fan of tomb raider since sega saturn release think thats the console it first came out on then it came out for ps1.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby Soul4Survivor » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:10 pm

herolegend wrote:Sorry I had to get an xbox one tomb raider came out and its exclusive for a year plus i got the halo 5 collectors edition with sound effects and aesthetics. Ps4 next year? don't hate me lol

Your a bad bad person...................... :lol: j/k hope you enjoy it :D AS for me i love japanese games to much to buy anything esle but playstation and sometimes nintendo(Sometimes) ;) cause i know that the full Japanese support is gonna be there for the ps brand. In fact 95% of all my games for the ps2 ps3 vita are all Japanese games. Back in 2007 when i owned a 360(Only time i have ever own a xbox system) 90% of all my games where Japanese :D
Soul4Survivor
GG Fan

Postby herolegend » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:34 pm

Soul4Survivor wrote:
herolegend wrote:Sorry I had to get an xbox one tomb raider came out and its exclusive for a year plus i got the halo 5 collectors edition with sound effects and aesthetics. Ps4 next year? don't hate me lol

Your a bad bad person...................... :lol: j/k hope you enjoy it :D AS for me i love japanese games to much to buy anything esle but playstation and sometimes nintendo(Sometimes) ;) cause i know that the full Japanese support is gonna be there for the ps brand. In fact 95% of all my games for the ps2 ps3 vita are all Japanese games. Back in 2007 when i owned a 360(Only time i have ever own a xbox system) 90% of all my games where Japanese :D

In that case I bet you got the famous Lost Odyssey, not only was it exclusive but one of the best j-rpg storyline, I have ever had the pleasure to read in history. The only game in the world that actually almost put tears in my eyes, and I haven't cried since well I've said too much already. Thanks I sadly didn't have time to play tomb raider today though. real life drama isn't it always. I'm going to plug in ps4 into my xbox one in the future and play both at the same time to increase my skill level in multi game tasking.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby lakell00 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:20 am

^ dude lost odyssey is a great rpg did u get all the achievements for it i think i got them all but the last one was to beat the last boos in the fighting arena man i grinded to level 90 and still lost to it lol. i also hated that side level for mack where u had to get his final magic man that level was crazy no save point straight to boss then back lol out without saving to that was a grind
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:23 am

lakell00 wrote:^ dude lost odyssey is a great rpg did u get all the achievements for it i think i got them all but the last one was to beat the last boos in the fighting arena man i grinded to level 90 and still lost to it lol. i also hated that side level for mack where u had to get his final magic man that level was crazy no save point straight to boss then back lol out without saving to that was a grind

I didn't finish the game or do those extras, at the time I was about to I got a job and that job was 6am start to 10pm-12am finish, The only day I got off was Sunday sometimes Saturday. Whatever days I had off I went to the gym came home exhausted, I always hated myself for not finishing Lost Odyssey up.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby lakell00 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:08 pm

man u better go pick it up its a shocker ill tell u that much yll be like wow 4eal in the end (no spoilers)
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Are you talking about Lost odyssey? Sorry my minds not in the game its nearly 2am I just figured out how to use xbox360 in xbox one and the quality from what I can tell is amazing I can't really tell the difference I need to test it thoroughly though, but this means ps3 should work and so should ps4 when I get it. I dunno If I'll find time for that lost odyssey with so many new games I need to play through, one day If I'm still alive I will try my best. Is there any news on a new ps4 limited edition 2TB/ 1TB doesn't seem to be enough for my xbox one I had to spend £79 to get an 2TB external hard drive for it ¬_¬v
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby lakell00 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:32 pm

man im thinking about buying lost odyssey and put it on my xbox one but will i be able to edit my saves even though its backwards compatable . microsoft pulled a slick move and its working in a way. i say they will discontinue the 360 next year and allow you to keep playing yr games. Sony should do the same but heck i say they should charge it like playstation plus that way we both happy
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:03 am

I wouldn't just yet, I don't think Microsoft has made all the xbox360 games compatible, don't even know why? Perhaps they have to edit the game data for the next gen console to be compatible with the settings or something. Wonder if eventually all 360 titles would be compatible with xbox one? Is the same for ps3 games to ps4?
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby lakell00 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:31 pm

i know that they say u gotta have the 360 disk and if i remember correctly it make a digital copy on the xbox one version. i cant really say cuz i havent tested it as of yet but from what i hear it takes u to the 360 dashboard and if u keep yr save file to cloud u can continue where u left off
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:06 pm

According to the list http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_O ... _Game_List not all games can be backwards compatible or at least yet, they are doing them all in batches I believe? So far there is a list and its growing.

In the meantime I plug xbox360 straight in the xbox one hdmi in, and switch both consoles running same time, I have 2 controllers one for 360 one for xbox one in front of me, and use kinect to voice myself to the other screen, and play one while other is paused its improving my multi-tasking gaming skills, ready for when I multi-task between Xbox one and ps4 next year!

By then sometime hopefully I won't need my 360 any more and can play all 360 games on xbox one, but having a 360 comes in handy and switch between 360, xbox one and ps4 / ps3 games on the fly but can only have 3 consoles on same time but only 1 hdmi input unless i get a hdmi adapter? The quality of the hdmi in on xbox one is the same I can't see any lag or difference, I am using a high end hdmi cable though on both consoles.

I got step down that has 2 inputs from here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M ... ge_o00_s00 for USA consoles and another step down on its own, the big one cost me £120 then as I was waiting for reply back from seller, I browsed Amazon UK some more and ended up spending around £2000 on clothes and gadgets.

Oh yeah thats debt money alright im poor as hell. Am 16,000 in debt again. In case anyone wondering why I haven't debt myself a ps4 yet? Well I don't have ps4 yet because I'm waiting for that limited edition bundle console. I'm so going to prison lol yes that was a laugh, I laugh at how messed up my life is right now, Its a long long story.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby PikaFiend » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:34 am

As far as I know, there aren't any limited edition consoles scheduled for release right now. The only ones that have been released were for Uncharted 3, Batman Arkham Knight, Destiny, CoD (Whatever meaningless sequel it was), Star Wars: Battlefront, Final Fantasy Type-0 and in Japan, one for Dragon Quest Heroes.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby herolegend » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:54 am

I would have got the final fantasy type 0 one but I already got the game on ps4 and I got dragon quest heroes. Still think those are Japanese edition limited edition ones, I'd rather the US Ps4.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby lakell00 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:33 pm

im testing these ps2 on ps4 games gonna see if u can save edit these lol
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:05 pm

lakell00 wrote:im testing these ps2 on ps4 games gonna see if u can save edit these lol

cool yeah let us all know if it works, I don't think games would be much fun any more if you couldn't bend the rules just a bit to make it more fun, prime example are these two ps3 games Tales of Xilia that attack counter, and Final Fantasy Lightning returns being able to freeze time though hassle to re-freeze it because you had to re-code the save It gave you enough time to pretty much do everything in one playthrough. That's the major point I hated about FFLighting Returns.

In real life I Was never good at managing time, I lost my real job partly because I was late in the morning, and I talked back to my boss, in the game made me rush time?? *blink blink* Hello Mr developer if you only knew me before you put a hand on developing that mechanic!

He was thinking hey I know what would be cool lets design a game mechanic for Lightning returns and add the ability to reset time and if you missed a quest its okay you can replay the game without having your completed quests saved and just re-do every single quest all again just to keep the player in game making you believe its like an MMO you've been playing for years. I really want to swear but this forum is family friendly. Lets hope your codes work for ps2 vs ps4 and lets hope no games like that come out for ps4, period!
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby lakell00 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:18 pm

lol well im just testing it i highly doubt it will work cuz its on ps4 and ps4 aint hacked yet
lakell00
Game Genie Icon

Postby herolegend » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:33 am

ahh this is so annoying, I've got like 7 ps4 games already 2 or 3 on pre-order for early next year and one late next year, but still I want to know if they will do a Final Fantasy VII remake limited edition console bundle preferably 2TB internal hard drive. If they are going to do that, I'm going to get that one and then many of you PS fans won't look down on me any more. If anyone hears anything about a special edition FF7 ps4 USA version let me know please pm is best thanks. That 1997 game was epic back then I hope they could edit the story though a bit and include Aerith's resurrection like they intended to in the first place. I'd hate not to be able to not have her in the game later on.
herolegend
Game Genie Star

Postby PikaFiend » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:38 am

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out your hang up on limited edition consoles. I mean, it's cool to be a collector and all, I just don't get it. I would be surprised if they didn't do a limited edition for this set of games though. FFVII superfans have been inundating Square since PS2 launched for a remake, so it's likely going to be a -huge- release.
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion