Who Are You?

This is for General discussion. A place where anything game related can be talked about as long as you still abide by the forum rules. Have a non ps3/game genie question or topic? Post them here. JUST FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Who Are You?

Postby GameGenieBob » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:27 am

I've been here for a little while now, and I haven't really 'met' anyone formally.
So I am creating this post so we can get to know each other a bit more.

I'll post up a template. Feel free to add or change what you like :)

Name: Bob
Favourite Console: XBOX 360
Favourite Game: Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
About Me: I am a Call Of Duty NUT! I used to play in tournaments and competitions before I became a Father. I have been a gamer all my life, starting on PC back in the 90's, moving onto Nintendo 64 and SNES. Eventually getting each new console as they were released.
I love to help people, in any way possible. Whether it is answering simple questions or having long personal talks, it's all good.

Feel free to ask me any questions, and post about yourself too.
Want to uploaded a save file for us to look at?
Make sure you read this first!

http://forum.thegamegenie.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4626#p24845

Any saves uploaded with no information will be deleted WITHOUT warning.
GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Re: Who Are You?

Postby VideoGamer42112 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Name: Jeff
Favourite Console: XBOX 360
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy 13 (finally beat it yay)
About Me
Merried to a Gamer and anime lover been with her for about a year merried wise will be a year next month
My Gamertag for the 360 is Subject Fantasy my PSN ID is VideoGamer42112
and i'm not the best typeset so i Apologize
Faveourite food: Yakisoba any flave
Faveourite Cheat Device (soon to be game Genie) i will get it with in 3 to 5 days
VideoGamer42112

Postby GameGenieBob » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Nice to meet you Jeff.

I had about 94% of Final Fantasy 13 beat the first time I played it and then my Ex Girlfriends dad sold her PS3. So I had to start again.
I finally got to about the same place again and then my Ex Girlfriend broke the disc by accident lol.

Cant 100% it until I buy it again *sigh*

GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby collabreddot » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:29 pm

What's up guys

Name:Bryan
Favorite Console:PS3
Favorite Game:Probably Final Fantasy 2 (FF4), but there are plenty of others up there also
Favorite Show:Lost-it ruined tv for me, lol.
Favorite Food:If my parents have me over, Beef Stroganoff
About Me:I absolutely love video games, my first system was an Atari 2600 although I can't remember that. I remember getting my NES for Christmas way back in the day lol, with Duck Hunt/Super Mario, Top Gun, and Final Fantasy 1. After putting in probably 500 hours on FF1 over multiple playthroughs, I realized I had a passion for JRPG's and have been on them ever since (I wish they were the same as before.) And, I presently have my mouse hovering over "buy it now" the minute PS4 goes on pre-order :)
collabreddot
Game Genie Addict

Postby Insensive » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Name:Jix
Sex:Male
Favourite Console: PS3
Favourite Game: Dark Souls
Favorite Genre:Horror
About Me: well im not much of a gamer really but i do give myself a challenge sometimes for example dark souls!. i lost count on how many times i died and the frustration i felt when i couldnt beat some of the bosses but gladly i hade some help without that feature added into the game i probably wouldnt of beaten it..besides gaming i do a little of graphic design on photoshop i do a little of everything (Photo manip,Sigs,Avatars,Logos,YT BG) if i ever get the chance ill showcase some stuff here.
Insensive

Postby GameGenieBob » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:35 am

Nice to meet you all.

@Bryan
I used to love playing Duck Hunt! With the big orange gun :) although it was easy to cheat by putting the gun to the screen and just shooting :P
Super Mario for the SNES and N64 has always been some of my all time favourite games.

@Jix
I have heard about Dark Souls being an incredibly hard game to platinum. I haven't played it myself though.
I used to do a bunch of graphic stuff too a while ago, pretty much the same stuff as you do.
I'd love to see some of your work some time. You should make a thread in the General Discussion forum.

GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby GMO » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Name: Gabriel
Favorite Console: PlayStation 2
Favorite Game: Final Fantasy 8
About Me: I am your friendly neighborhood console hacker, I've hack codes to games you were conceived to! Many of you may already know me from Codemasters-Project, some may know me from my MMA career. But you mostly everyone knew me as the person who challenged the "Official" console hackers and handed their asses to them except CMX (he owns everyone)
GMO
GG Fan

Postby Skiller » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Name: Skiller ;)
Favorite Console: PlayStation 2
Favorite Game: Nocturne
Last time Played a Game: 2005 GTA SA..... now all games are Hex values to me now :P hacking is fun
About Me: Well I don't know the guy above me ;) jk , Most people will know me from Codemasters-Project, or any other code site I may have dropped codes on.. as of late the kids and work have been keeping me very busy so have not been able to do much like I use to .. im use to turning out 1000+ codes for each game not 1 or 2 :P.. but in the end im more into teaching or showing the way.. since then it saves me from doing it :). im another that liked to disprove the "Officals" and or the ppl that said it was imposable to do something that We the CMP showed was able to be done very easily :) (PS2 Code Hacking)

PS.... Man GMO your old ;)
Skiller
Freelancer

Postby GenieLamp » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:30 am

Name: Genie Lamp
Age: As old as my tongue but a little older than my teeth.
Favourite console: SNES.
Favourite game: Super Mario Kart on the SNES. Oh man, so retro!
About me: Been doing this far to long. I keep people in check (especially that Lying Cake fellow) and I'm the one that gets the earache when things go wrong. But I do try to help as best I can.
Likes: Cheese (yum!), things working as they should, Lying Cake doing work (doesn't happen often), sarcasm and a damned good rant.
Hates: Playing games, people who steal cheats, claim their device is more open and allow total control (yes, because allowing people to mod their saves and cheat online is always a pro-choice) and free (but we accept PayPal donations..eh wut?), one use online codes (we do it because we make no money on second hand games. Boo hoo, cry me a river) and apple pie.
Aim in life: World peace and a day off. The World Peace is probably more likely :)
GenieLamp
Game Genie Overlord

Postby Mitdog » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:55 am

Name: Mitdog
Favorite console: NES PS3
Favorite Game: Red Dead Redemption
About me: I love cheat codes I will not play a game without them. Other games are GTA series GTA 5 will be the first game I've ever preordered. Gean Turismo series is another favorite. My other hobbie's are Mountaineering I have hiked and Ice climbed all over the Siera Navada mountains and the Rocky mountians. One of my main goals is to climb Mt Everest. I am also an avid Big Game hunter and Chef and enjoy creating new recipes with wild game meat.
PS3 DEH BH1100 A-B Debug/Test 3.55 Debug MFW
Ps3 cecha01 Rogero 4.31 640gb
Ps3 cecha01 4.21
PS2 Phat FreeMC Boot 500gb hdd and patched Code Breakers and HDD Loader
Mitdog
Site Admin

Postby MonkeyDad1977 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:16 am

Name: Logan
Favorite Console: PS3
Favorite Game: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
About Me: I have been playing video games since 1980 (Atari 2600). I have a wife and a 5 year old son who loves games. My favorite type of video games are role-playing games especially JRPGs.
MonkeyDad1977
Contributer

Postby Chaoszage » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Name: Alex
Favorite Console: PS3(for now)
Favorite Game: Any Musou Series
About Me:I am from CMP forum as well,I love to play game with cheat codes, I started my hacking field 8 years ago during ps2 era,but that time,I was not contribute new cheat codes,mainly codes porting and converting. Big Thanks to Skiller and other experts,I studied the way they did it,I was able to do it myself in late-ps2 era as well as on ps3. Hacking is fun(knowledge required) but save editing is easier lol.
Chaoszage
Game Genie Addict

Postby Woody2k5 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Name: Woody
Favourite Game: Batman Arkham City
About Me: I have been playing video games for like forever. I have owned every gaming system starting from the Sega Master System straight up to the latest generation PS3 and XBOX360. Hopefully i can learn hex editing along the way in here lol
Woody2k5

Postby GameGenieBob » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Hello and welcome everyone who has replied so far.

It's nice to see people from all different locations and all different ages interested in gaming and coding etc :)

GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby karenbruce » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Name : Karen Bruce
Favorite console : NES PS3
Favorite Game : Angry Bird
About Me : have try mario games, do sometimes play crossfire
karenbruce

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Name: Joshua
Favorite Console: hmmmm tough but I'd say SNES.
Favorite game: Tie between Final Fantasy VII & Metal Gear Solid.
About me: Well I've been gaming since I was 3, first system was my NES. I was always skilled at games so much so that not many are a challenge for me to beat. I finished Super Mario Bros when I was 3 & basically taught my family how to play video games at 4. Used to have competitions with my mom & grandma on Dr Mario. (IT WAS INTENSE! lol) Now I spend more time hacking my games than I do trying to play them. Since its more of a challenge to me I think I enjoy that more lol. Either way I'll be a gamer for life ^_^

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby Reno » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Name: Itay
Favourite Game: Suikoden 5, Tales Of Graces F and Way of The Samurai 4
About Me: Love food, my girlfriend, my 3 dogs (one is dead =\) my cat, my 2 birds, my PC, my Psone, Ps2 XD and DB =D, on free timee i try to make tables with CheatEngine or codes for Ar max, Codebreaker and gamesHark for Ps2 and used to do Gameshark for psone.
I like to watch anime, us-series, read manga and books.
Reno
GG Fan

Postby white_m » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:12 am

Name: Micha White
Favourite Game : Crossfire
About Me : I love sports
I like to watch cartoon movies, reading horror novels.
I can't imagine with ancient people use blow guns when hunting for foods.
white_m

Postby NateMiller » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Name:Nate
Favourite Game: All The Final Fantasy's and RPG games.
About Me: I love RPG games and I love learning how to mod save game files now that I got the GG. I have been a gamer all my life, starting on ATARI back in like 89 or something like that right. I had 5 brothers and we lived in the sticks so my mom got us a system we had them all at one time or another wish still had them all., Im married 3 kids and we all play games my 9 year old is a COD Nut and good at it so is my wife. being deployed 4 times video games help me get mind of loosing people and getting shot at alot. I have had all the systems but I beleave the PS3 and The PS Vita are my favorite.
NateMiller
Game Genie Addict

Postby Task » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:05 am

Name: Nate.
Sex: Male.
Favourite Console: Playstation(this was a tough one to answer, but my favorite RPG's were for the PS).
Favourite Game: Suikoden II.
Favorite Genre: Movies will be mixed, I like everything. Games; RPG.
About Me: I've been a gamer all of my life. I like films, I'm especially good at naming years a film was made, the cast(actors/directors, not people that operate the boom and such). Sports(NFL, NBA), I use to play a lot of Basketball, and a lot of pool/billiards. I also like Anime, as well. Plus, I'm a huge fan of all sorts of Music, ranging from Classical to Videogame Music.
Task

Postby stryker34rt » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Name: William
Favourite Console: PS2
Favourite Game:Anything Final Fantasy
About Me:i hate life and i love video games not much to it :lol: :D :roll:
stryker34rt
GG Fan

Postby T-Zone » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:47 am

Name: Mr T
Current Consoles : Superslim 250GB PS3, PSVita, DSi
Favorite Console: N64
Favorite Game: Freedom Fighters (2003)

About Me: You ever heard that phrase, "Nice guys finish last?" Well, I disagree with that. I am one of the few remaining type of person that is good hearted. I work hard to get what I want. I think of myself a respectful person with an open mind. As for games, I've been playing since the 2nd gen starting with the Atari 2600. After the 1984 crash of the 2nd gen, I've owned at least 1 console of the following generations. I've transtioned back & forth between Nintendo & Sega, before settling with Sony Consoles.

What else? I keep an open mind on music. I listen to Alternative/Rock/Punk-Pop nowadays. I like Hip Hop, but can't stand most Rappers today. The only sport I follow is wrestling (WWE/TNA/ROH/DragonGate/NJPW/etc), whenever I have a chance to watch. I enjoy most action & comic book movies. I like movies with actual rich content & not a rehash of some previous movie. Seth Rogen & teen movies I'm looking at you.

Anything more would be a dating profile.
T-Zone

Postby GameGenieBob » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:55 am

Mr T, I think you and I are going to get along great!

Other than a few small differences I would describe myself almost exactly the same.

GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby Sigus » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Name:Jay
Favorite Console: Snes
Favorite Game: Legend of Zelda:Links Awakening
About Me:I am a laid back guy with a really messed up sense of humor,Not much more to tell. Gaming wise I prefer Rpgs to Fps, I`ve owned most systems since the commodore 64 except oddly enough the n64.
Sigus

Postby yuffie4life » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Name: Mike
Age 26
Console: Was anything sony, lately though ps3 has been pissing me off.
game: Final fantasy 7/8 tied spent eight years of my life replaying those two games more often then playing anything else..save for the odd night or two of resident evil
About me: I love games, final fantasy, resident evil, mass effect are my top three franchises, I own every re game, have owned most disc based ff games, no nintendo only titles. Have all mass effects for pc and ps3.. lucked out on birthday with two collection sets :) Now I'm just waiting for the danged direct download purchase to work. Can't wait to use this program!! I've owned every cheat device for nes, genesis, psx, ps2, n64, game cube, gameboy-gameboy advanced and nds.. cannot wait to use this one as the only other program to remain nameless.. sucks.
Evil is but two bullets away from extinction.
To some Fantasy is a four letter word, to me it is the necessary escape from the darkness within our souls. May we all find our Fantasy that burns away the darkness within.
http://psnprofiles.com/yuffie4life
yuffie4life
GG Fan

Postby hitman555z » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Name: roman
Favourite console: ps3
Favourite game: anything with a deep seeded story, like drakengard, nier, even dragons dogma
About me: college student, gaming since childhood, love games with a story. I prefer more coop game with teamwork than single player, so the ps3 is perfect. I refuse to pay for online capability, so the cashbox 360 can ** itself. I grew up playing with other people, so if I can't play for free, it's on my ** list. I do curse a lot also, which I can't find any ** to give about other people's sensitive ears. Not my problem :P

Psn Id hitman555z
i like how you guys removed the sig i had. thats cute. keep up the good work of punishing someone innocent, like all crooked pigs do :)
hitman555z
Game Genie Addict

Postby Sterling Archer » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:56 am

So I am creating this post so we can get to know each other a bit more.

I'll post up a template. Feel free to add or change what you like

Name: George
Favourite Game: Dead Island
About Me: I've been playing games since the Atari 2600. I've had just about every console released here in the states. The only console release date I can remember is the dreamcast (9/9/99).

Here is my current list of consoles I have.

PSX (launch)
PS3
Xbox (modded)
Xbox 360 Star Wars Kinect Bundle
Vita (Black Ops Bundle)
Wii U Delux Set
360/Xbox One: CMaggotbone
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=Grim%20Reaper <---My Blu-Ray Collection

Sterling Archer
Game Genie Icon

Postby cloudaven » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:16 am

Name: Justen
Favorite console's: Neo GEO, PS3, PC,Turbo grapix 16, SNES,N64
Favorite Game: TOO MANY TO COUNT...
About Me:
I am in game develpment and design in college right now i work at HP, and i have played and owned every console since the camdore 64. I love technology and i code a little
cloudaven
Game Genie Star

Postby GameGenieBob » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:36 am

Nice to meet you all :)

GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby Kitsune » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:49 pm

Name: コリ
Favourite Console: PS2
Favourite Game: .Hack//G.U. Trilogy
About Me:
Hi, I'm Kitsune, or Kit for short. I like to read, play games, and break games. I have been here for close to a year now, and I am sure some people recognize me. If you ever need help coding, feel free to ask me.
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby PikaFiend » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Name: Fiend (I prefer to keep my real name off the internet as much as I can.)
Favourite Console: SNES
Favourite Game: Chrono Trigger
About Me:
Hum, where to start? I'm a giant Deadpool fan, and as such, was very pleased with ScrewAttack's recent DEATH BATTLE between him and Deathstroke. I loved the tie in with DB because of Team Four Star's Takahata101 providing his voice. I'm also a huge Dragon Ball fan. Even if the 5 minute Frieza battle with Goku spanned 11 episodes somehow. I spend most of my time watching shows either on my laptop or TV depending on whether I'm PC gaming, using a handheld or one of my many consoles. The first game I ever finished was Metroid when I was 5, and it took me forever. I love cold weather, because my internal heat regulation is all messed up, which causes me to be sick a lot in any season but winter. And...Well that's all I can think of. If I can be of service in any way or you would just like to know, I'm almost always available.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Jupiter Knight » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:43 am

Name: Richard
Favourite Console: PlayStation 3
Favourite Game: Skyrim
About Me:Not sure how to go about this. I prefer to usernames like Jupiter or Auctus ; I am a huge Deftones fan, favorite Marvel hero is Thor, favorite show is Spartacus. My favorite seasons are spring, autumn and winter.
Last edited by Jupiter Knight on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:56 am

Name: John
Favourite Console: PlayStation Vita
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy 12 although I love most of them
About Me: I hunt, I occasionally fish, I code some, although I'm lazy about it, lol, I play a lot of games, currently on Diablo 3 on my PS4, work at a car lot, that's about it I reckon!
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Lancelot » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:01 pm

Name: (See username)
Favourite Console: Super Nintendo
Favourite Game: EarthBound and Chrono Trigger. (Sorry, they have to share the spotlight. Two all-time greats!)
About Me: Just here for the codes and community. Just recently bought a PS3 and am starting to slowly delve into the exclusives that I missed out on. Gaming and bodybuilding are my main hobbies.
"Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to crap on a lawnmower to be an astronaut." -jleemero (Kodewerx)
Lancelot
GG Fan

Postby agtme10 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:31 am

Name: Steve
Favourite System: PS3 and PS4
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy series and Dragon Age
About Me: I'm retired and enjoy being able to play PS3 games when I want, most of the time now I play PS4 games
agtme10

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:09 am

Welcome to the community guys. We're glad to have you. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any of the other mods or admins. Happy Gaming!
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Preadking » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:53 am

Hey all, old gamer but new to the forums. Thanks for making this for easy introduction to the rest of the group.

Name: Jay

Fave Console(s): 3DS, PC, PS3, Retro consoles.

Fave Game(s): CoD, TF2, Overlord Series, Transformers, Sniper series, Sniper Elite Series, Minecraft PS3 Edition.

About me: I've been a gamer ever since i got the Classic Nintendo system back when i was five and I've only continued to evolve as a gamer ever since. I like the new stuff but sometimes, i get on my PC and play some PC retro titles as well. You can NEVER go wrong with the classics. I'm hoping to be a big help here to the community.
Preadking

Postby Graehaus » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:17 pm

Name: Chad Vieth
Favourite Game: Journey, Saints Row the Third
About Me: I am a cartoonist, author, Gamer ( RPG, D&D Fantasy AGE), Father, Modern Viking. I enjoy learning to hex edit, though things like the Game genie helps ALOT!
I dO NOt sUFfer FroM INsanitY.. I RevEL in IT!
Graehaus

Postby Kung_Fusion » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:24 am

Name: Mike
Favourite Console: Sega Saturn
Favourite Game: BioShock
About Me: I have been playing video games since the Atari 2600 in the 80s. I was raised on retro games and their pure challenge of frustration. I miss the Game Genie or Game Shark software on older consoles, and found this site recently where I decided to join to have fun with the current collection of titles that I own.

Thank you for reading, and looks like a great community here.
Kung_Fusion

Postby gojita » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:16 am

Name: Jeffrey
Favourite Console: ps3/ps4
Favourite Game: dragon age inqusion
About Me: I have been playing video games form youg age. I have owned lots gaming system
gojita

Next

Return to General Discussion