is Game Genie really die?

Discuss all things PlayStation 3 which are not covered by the other sections. Just keep the conversations abiding by the forum rules.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

is Game Genie really die?

Postby lostplanet87 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:15 am

just wonder since i have getting no word about new code or update for longest time and please don't get wrong idea, i just asked that's all and i really miss play with new game with new code so that's why i want to know what's going on?
PSN ID: UltimateDarkAura
Xbox 360 Gametag: UltimateWolf87


ImageImage
User avatar
lostplanet87
Contributer
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby Jupiter Knight » Thu May 26, 2016 9:43 am

In time GG PS3 will come to a steady halt as PS4 accelerates. This happens with a lot of things though.
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby Caldor2k2 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:50 pm

rangeraragorn wrote:Servers are still up, so no, it's not dead :D

Looks like the last codes released were back in March. I don't think that's too long ago.

New titles for the PS3 have slowed up some in recent months. That's probably why codes aren't being released as often as they used to.

I'd have to agree. While I' can't speak on this, but I believe the staff actually need to own the games they make codes for. At some point one may have to wonder where the line between spending lots of money on games or using it for more realistic things is drawn.

And perhaps this is for the GG community at large too, but if there aren't any/many save games uploaded that doesn't really help the cause now does it :?:
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Image
User avatar
Caldor2k2
Senior GG Member
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:31 pm
Location: Montana

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby PikaFiend » Sat May 28, 2016 11:33 pm

Saves definitely are the most important thing here. Without saves, no codes can be made, as there's nothing to look at. It's also necessary to have the pertinent information to be able to find what you're looking for. It isn't strictly necessary for the coders to own the games, but it takes some of the leg work out of play testing, because then there's no going through others to do that part for troubleshooting and working out the kinks.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
Image
User avatar
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby lostplanet87 » Sun May 29, 2016 12:05 am

PikaFiend wrote:Saves definitely are the most important thing here. Without saves, no codes can be made, as there's nothing to look at. It's also necessary to have the pertinent information to be able to find what you're looking for. It isn't strictly necessary for the coders to own the games, but it takes some of the leg work out of play testing, because then there's no going through others to do that part for troubleshooting and working out the kinks.



So you need save data to start test before able create new code to release? Is that why people stopped do it or? Sorry I been wonder and also other question, what game with code were removed from list? Because of last feb 2015 that there been announced about some game with code were removed from list, I Need know what game title that were removed, thanks!
PSN ID: UltimateDarkAura
Xbox 360 Gametag: UltimateWolf87


ImageImage
User avatar
lostplanet87
Contributer
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby PikaFiend » Sun May 29, 2016 4:17 am

Yes, we need saves to be able to make codes. Without saves, there's no data to work from and no codes can be made.

As for what games were removed, I have no idea off the top of my head. I imagine the reasons why probably have to do with directly triggering trophies or online interaction, but that's only speculation on my part.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
Image
User avatar
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby lostplanet87 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:27 pm

PikaFiend wrote:Yes, we need saves to be able to make codes. Without saves, there's no data to work from and no codes can be made.

As for what games were removed, I have no idea off the top of my head. I imagine the reasons why probably have to do with directly triggering trophies or online interaction, but that's only speculation on my part.



ok is it possible for me to send you my save data for mass effect 2?

well i read it that some game removed because of unlocked trophies but it is worse NGU (sorry for bring it up) that always unlock trophies than this, i'm more trust this game genie than NGU because i'm proud to be game genie member since i have no issues and i love to help my friend and family with game genie and it save us lots so i'm return a favor to help game genie out to make new code quickly so tell me how to send you with few game i can send.
PSN ID: UltimateDarkAura
Xbox 360 Gametag: UltimateWolf87


ImageImage
User avatar
lostplanet87
Contributer
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby PikaFiend » Sun May 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Mass Effect 2 is a copy prohibited save, so we won't be making codes for it. But if you need to know how to upload saves, there's a tutorial in the Self-Help subforum. Since we also need as much information about those saves as possible, it might be a good idea to look through the cheat requests subforum for some good examples of how to give us that information.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
Image
User avatar
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby lostplanet87 » Sun May 29, 2016 3:54 pm

PikaFiend wrote:Mass Effect 2 is a copy prohibited save, so we won't be making codes for it. But if you need to know how to upload saves, there's a tutorial in the Self-Help subforum. Since we also need as much information about those saves as possible, it might be a good idea to look through the cheat requests subforum for some good examples of how to give us that information.


Actually you are wrong because I did copy my save data from Mass Effect 2 and it didn't show copy prohibited save, Only it protect save data is profile for game progress and setting but you CAN copy your own character save data to USB I'm tell yu honest.
PSN ID: UltimateDarkAura
Xbox 360 Gametag: UltimateWolf87


ImageImage
User avatar
lostplanet87
Contributer
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby PikaFiend » Sun May 29, 2016 4:02 pm

Well, I stand corrected. Be that as it may, the game will likely not be seeing codes, as indicated by its place here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=432
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
Image
User avatar
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby lostplanet87 » Sun May 29, 2016 4:08 pm

PikaFiend wrote:Well, I stand corrected. Be that as it may, the game will likely not be seeing codes, as indicated by its place here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=432



Well I can prove it to you by take pic of save data character..
PSN ID: UltimateDarkAura
Xbox 360 Gametag: UltimateWolf87


ImageImage
User avatar
lostplanet87
Contributer
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby lostplanet87 » Sun May 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Alright
PSN ID: UltimateDarkAura
Xbox 360 Gametag: UltimateWolf87


ImageImage
User avatar
lostplanet87
Contributer
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby lakell00 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:16 am

hopefully we get codes for all 3 mass effect games
lakell00
Game Genie Icon
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:39 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby lostplanet87 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:06 am

lakell00 wrote:hopefully we get codes for all 3 mass effect games




mass effect 1 is locked but mass effect 2 and 3 is not locked data
PSN ID: UltimateDarkAura
Xbox 360 Gametag: UltimateWolf87


ImageImage
User avatar
lostplanet87
Contributer
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby PikaFiend » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Well, ME3 does have Max Credits and First Aid codes.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
Image
User avatar
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby lakell00 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:07 pm

ok what about mass effect 2 the save is unlocked now i think
lakell00
Game Genie Icon
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:39 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby lostplanet87 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:45 pm

lakell00 wrote:ok what about mass effect 2 the save is unlocked now i think



i already post it
PSN ID: UltimateDarkAura
Xbox 360 Gametag: UltimateWolf87


ImageImage
User avatar
lostplanet87
Contributer
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:04 am

Re: is Game Genie really die?

Postby lakell00 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:11 pm

thanks
lakell00
Game Genie Icon
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:39 am


Return to PlayStation 3 chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron