A thank you

Discuss all things PlayStation 3 which are not covered by the other sections. Just keep the conversations abiding by the forum rules.

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

A thank you

Postby StoryLineGamer4Life » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:49 pm

I would like to thank everyone at Hyperkin for making the Game Genie for PS3 and a big thank you to all those who worked themselves silly making cheats. I have had Final Fantasy XIII since launch day for the game and was never able to beat the game. Today I finally beat the game and even teared up at the ending. Thank you so much for all your hard work, now it's time to go buy some more games that on on the GG game list :)
StoryLineGamer4Life

Re: A thank you

Postby EsT. 1987 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Yeah i also wanna give my thanks too....thanks for reviving the game genie brand to the ps3...it was a good move to go to the ps3 with the game genie item..and thanks to the guys who research on cheats and making it possible for me to easily beat these super hard games lol i appreciate yall efforts and i hope in future consoles we can keep this thing going and i'll always be there to bring support for yall....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
EsT. 1987
GG Fan

Postby matt091282 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:30 am

I'm so glad to see the return of the Game Genie as well! Thank you for all of your past and present hard work to keep this product as up to date as possible!

I just worry that more and more future games are going to have locked saves and we won't be able to get the full effect of the Game Genie because of it. But, there are still plenty of games that don't and won't in the future. I really don't know why they lock them anyway. Also, it would mean more money for you guys because you'd be able to support more games. lol

Thanks again!
matt091282
GG Fan

Postby EsT. 1987 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:04 am

Because they weirdos thats why lol they trying to make everything online enabled and stuff and thats whats screwing things up...they taking that online thing too far
EsT. 1987
GG Fan

Postby Raijin1999 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:18 pm

I've seen what ram hacking can do to destroy a game firsthand back in the PS2 Socom: Combined Assault days. I can understand where all the extra security measures come from, and do appreciate them and am fine with the loss of ram hack cheat devices on the current gen systems (excluding PC, thassanother ballgame). That said, the way game genie works and the cautious nature of the GG devs should be more than enough to validate how safe cheats can work without 'destroying the industry'. I mean, there's the whole trophy thing with cheating to unlock 'em early, but really, trophys weren't the way to go about gaming recognition in the first place, plus there's tons of custom ps3 firmware users that have hacked the hell out of their trophy info. I'm a firm believer that using these cheats increases the replay value of a game more than it hurts.

* Lose your progress? No sweat. Warp back to where you left off.
* Access lost/forgotten content? SWEET EXTRAS! (IE: Dev rooms in FFVII/Xenogears)
* Play the game from new perspectives with groovy tweaks like having boss characters in your party
* Access the full scope of a game for review (helped me a lot back in the day)
* Run tests with more control options (helps in guide making/FAQs)
* Remove obstacles considered poorly designs aspects of a game that may not have been quite so expertly crafted and allow the player the ability to focus more on the parts of the game that really shine (most commonly done by removing limiters)
etc

THANK YOU, GG DOODS! Live long and prosper. Imitators will be severely pummeled with nerf bats and chunk tofu.
Best not to ask.

I'm off on vacation starting tomorrow, which usually means tons of gaming. I'll be submitting saves from a dozen PS3 games, from recent entries like Transformers: Fall of Cybertron to older titles like Lost Planet 2, Alpha Protocol, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Bladestorm, Silent Hill 2 & 3 HD, Operation Flashpoint: Red River, X-Men Destiny, Tekken 6, Birds of Steel, and whatever else I can find that ain't disc locked.
Raijin1999
Contributer

Postby lilcrazyasian » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:35 am

I recently found out about Game Genie for PS3 and I am just simply amazed. Shout outs to all those who put in all the hard work and dedication. I can't even begin to imagine developing a cheat device and still maintain a safe online environment from the spammers out there.
lilcrazyasian

Postby AnuBlitz » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:53 am

Just ordered mine and should be here in a week's time.
i have watched the video about the Game Genie and I was excited.
So yeah, thank you, hyperkin, for reviving the Game Genie!
AnuBlitz
GG Fan

Postby Badger1975 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:19 am

Me too, I want to thank the Hyperkin Team for all their effort and thought in bringing back and creating a PS3 game genie.
When the PS3 came out, I first thought about buying it but started to change my mind when I was told that cheat stuff would not be made for the PS3 like it was on the PS1, and PS2 systems due to online gaming being on this new system. Then I started to hear that there was some ways to cheat and such so I bought one after all and for awhile there was nothing that I could find and which I started to think well I best just sell this system. Well Hyperkin came in with word of the Game Genie and that changed my mind all together and now I am getting games for my system which I now got up to 13 games and still climbing and I am happy with my PS3 all because the Hyperkin Team saved the day and I still can't Thank them enough. My Thanks will continue on and on and on. :-)
Badger1975
Contributer

Postby Sterling Archer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:02 pm

AnuBlitz wrote:Just ordered mine and should be here in a week's time.
i have watched the video about the Game Genie and I was excited.
So yeah, thank you, hyperkin, for reviving the Game Genie!

ive had mine since aug 4th. the reason i remember the date. is because its my birthday. and, i dont regret buying it at all.
360/Xbox One: CMaggotbone
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=Grim%20Reaper <---My Blu-Ray Collection

Sterling Archer
Game Genie Icon

Postby Jareski » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:57 pm

I've had mine for about 3 weeks, got it from PnP Games in Winnipeg (shout out). Loving it so far. The save resigning is GREAT. I have that Skyrim save that buffs everything at the start of the game. Good stuff.

Also, Alpha Protocol is a lot more fun with max stats. You can actually shoot and hit something.
PS3: Jareski
Jareski

Postby w2fst4u » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:44 pm

THANKYOU GG&COMMUNITY

first and foremost i want to thank you hyperkin for one reviving the game genie and making it so great and easy to use
second thank you to the community for all support you give to help everyone makes it very enjoyable i really enjoy the fourms here everybody is friendly and everybody tries to help

back to hyperkin and the moderators of this site thank you. i dunno how to put this so i'll try my best thank you for standing behind your product the way you do most companies when they come out with a product it's hard to get a hold of anyone to help you but you guys go above and beyond to help us without you guys none of this site would be possible so thank you very much it might not seem like much to you guys but i know for me it means the world to me
x-box DaAsianLov3r
PSN-dabouncer2009
w2fst4u
Senior GG Member

Postby GameGenieBob » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:09 pm

w2fst4u wrote:THANKYOU GG&COMMUNITY

first and foremost i want to thank you hyperkin for one reviving the game genie and making it so great and easy to use
second thank you to the community for all support you give to help everyone makes it very enjoyable i really enjoy the fourms here everybody is friendly and everybody tries to help

back to hyperkin and the moderators of this site thank you. i dunno how to put this so i'll try my best thank you for standing behind your product the way you do most companies when they come out with a product it's hard to get a hold of anyone to help you but you guys go above and beyond to help us without you guys none of this site would be possible so thank you very much it might not seem like much to you guys but i know for me it means the world to me

On behalf of the entire team, we'd like to thank you for being a part of the community for appreciating all our hard work.
It is very nice to hear support and positive comments when we are so used to dealing with complaints etc :)

But it isn't just us who should be thanked, it is you too. And the rest of the community. You guys work just as hard as we do, creating your own codes and helping each other.

Thank you again for all your support, we will continue to bring the best we can to the community. And as usual please feel free to contact us should you need any help :)

Regards, Team GG.
Want to uploaded a save file for us to look at?
Make sure you read this first!

http://forum.thegamegenie.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4626#p24845

Any saves uploaded with no information will be deleted WITHOUT warning.
GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby stryker34rt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Also like to take this time to say thank you to the game genie team for making GG :D

getting to play ff13 with mods is like a dream to me :lol: in fact i love gg so much that i bought a second one just in case :P :lol: :D
stryker34rt
GG Fan

Postby Dameon2k » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:19 pm

I would also like to to thank all you devs who took the time to come up with this and still take the time to go through save files and find cheats. As a person who works a lot and doesn't have extra time a lot this makes beating long games (especially RPG's a bit less time consuming). Sure I'd much rather just outright beat the game but sometimes the time needed is just something I'm not afforded. I really like your approach on only using cheats that can't be used in MP. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what you may have in store for us in the future.
Dameon2k

Postby ell470 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:09 am

Hi, I'm a EU user.
I also just want to thank everyone involved in the whole GG product & community for an awesome product & tremendous support when it comes to updating the list of supported games.

Keep up the awesome work!

Easily the best money I've spent in a while :)
ell470

Postby PikaFiend » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:59 pm

Oddly enough, I feel I should throw my lot in here too. I'm very appreciative for the GG and the people responsible for making it available so that I could enjoy my games that much more. I never really had any trouble beating my games before GG, but I'm eternally grateful for the lessened grindage and ability to more casually enjoy them, even on harder difficulties. Since I buy my games primarily for the storylines, it's really a boon to be able to blast through the parts that would otherwise be grindfests and long bits in between actual progression.

I'd also like to extend my gratitude to the people of the community who contribute so much to making the GG what it is, either by creating quick codes themselves, or pointing the rest of us in the right direction to be able to edit through Advanced Mode. On top of that, everyone, team, mods and regular users alike make troubling problems a little less so because of the sense of community I, at least, get from the courtesy and willingness to help.

To sum up, my gratitude goes out to everyone who makes the GG what it is.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby cimerians » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Thank you from us. Not just me but others in the family can enjoy games more and beat those that we just gave up with.
cimerians
GG Fan

Postby sentinel71 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:08 am

Yes, thank you Team GG! I am mostly an off-line gamer and, personally, I don't care what people are saying against cheating in games. Games should be, by all definition, fun--as opposed to 7 hours of hair-pulling frustration. What good are hi def graphics when 90% of the the time all you are looking at is your HP bar or the amount of ammo you have? How can one appreciate the well written story when you can't even finish a level to move on? Ever since I got my GG I appreciate games more--the design, the animation, everything and I get my money's worth for every game I play. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you Game Genie! :D
sentinel71
Game Genie Addict

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:22 pm

I was just discussing with another user how you guys don't get the thanks you deserve. All you usually get is bitching and complaining. So, on behalf of myself and others, THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE HARD ASS WORK YOU DO AND MOST OF YOU DO IT FOR FREE!!! HUGE THANKS TO GAMEGENIEBOB AND GAARASAIYAN!!! You guys are on here a lot and keep tons of crap off the forum and code for us morons, lol, that can't do it ourselves. I've conversed with both of you outside of here and you are really good guys that try your best to help!!! Don't find that too often!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby GameGenieBob » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:28 pm

Thank you. And you're welcome :)
Want to uploaded a save file for us to look at?
Make sure you read this first!

http://forum.thegamegenie.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4626#p24845

Any saves uploaded with no information will be deleted WITHOUT warning.
GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby joe2001 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:16 pm

I too say thank you to the guys behind Game Genie, who take care of the people to use this great product.

( Unlike another company with a lesser product of a similar nature but I aint gonna lower the tone of this thread with more details... )
joe2001
GG Fan

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:02 pm

We appreciate it! We usually just hear griping and complaining so this is a welcomed post. Without you guys we would be bored. LOL
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Jupiter Knight » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:53 am

I just joined today. I'd like to give my thanks.
I enjoy your program or product. Its made a big difference for me as a gamer.
You guys are brilliant. Thank you.
Jupiter Knight
Game Genie Icon

Return to PlayStation 3 chat