Game Genie won't load on DSi or 3DS

Moderators: GenieLamp, Gaarasaiyan

Game Genie won't load on DSi or 3DS

Postby RobinSmith » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:02 pm

I bought a Game Genie and it runs great on my DS Lite, but when I try to start it on my DSi or my 3DS it just say 'an error has occurred...' and has me restart the device. What is wrong? How do I fix this?
RobinSmith

Re: Game Genie won't load on DSi or 3DS

Postby Zephyer » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Same here with me, also how do you update manually on the DS Lite which only has WEP when the router isn't set to it.
Zephyer
Game Genie Addict

Postby Pmarshall950 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:18 am

Did you ever figure out how to get past the error screen?
Pmarshall950

Re: Tech support phone?

Postby Pmarshall950 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:41 am

Anyone know how to fix the problem for GG on dsi when i click on it from the main menu of my dsi and it loads it says error has occurred see dsi manual for trouble shooting i did but it still says the error message
Pmarshall950

Postby PikaFiend » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:52 am

I merged your post into this thread. Please don't post repeatedly on the same issue in different areas of the forum.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Re: Tech support phone?

Postby Kitsune » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:06 pm

Pmarshall950 wrote:Did you ever figure out how to get past the error screen?
Pmarshall950 wrote:Anyone know how to fix the problem for GG on dsi when i click on it from the main menu of my dsi and it loads it says error has occurred see dsi manual for trouble shooting i did but it still says the error message

I have consulted with Gaarasaiyan, and he highly recommends you PM GenieLamp, as that is more of his area.
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby theforgottenstrings » Fri May 08, 2015 9:18 pm

Was a solution found for this issue? I bought the GG for my 3ds and downloaded the required firmware but, when i try to run the GG it just says error has occurred and makes me re start the system.
theforgottenstrings

Postby cajunflavoredbob » Tue May 19, 2015 10:26 pm

It shows up as Game&Watch Collection on my New 3DS XL and original 3DS XL both with firmware Ver. 9.4.0-21U. When I attempt to load the Game Genie, both of them give me the error message "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."

Seems like this has been a known issue for two years with no solution. Without an official response, I'll be sending this back to Amazon and leaving appropriate feedback.
cajunflavoredbob

Return to Nintendo DS Support