My game genie is asking for activtion code?

All Support for the PS3

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

My game genie is asking for activtion code?

Postby RumPirate69 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Hello
Hopefully I can get an answer to my problem, I got my Game Genie today, did the installation I got a PS3 saved file to it, i go open the game genie i get a message
( if your game genie came with game genie usb drive, please insert it now. if your game genie came with license key, please enter it below) I plug in the game genie USB drive and it just does not do anything... the box says it comes with a activation code, my question is where is the code? or what do i do from here?
RumPirate69

Re: My game genie is asking for activtion code?

Postby GenieLamp » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:06 pm

As the instructions state, if your Game Genie came with a Game Genie USB drive, insert it which is what you need to do. At this point, Game Genie should show a message at the bottom of this box and then register :)

If nothing happens, unplug the Game Genie USB drive and close the Game Genie software down. Once you've done this, insert your Game Genie USB drive and wait for a few seconds and then load the Game Genie: Save Editor For PS3 software from the desktop shortcut and everything should happen from there :)
GenieLamp
Game Genie Overlord

Postby Captain-Linger » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:35 am

(bump) ^^ Same problem and this did not solve it. Formatted my HD and Game Genie is asking for USB drive or activation key. Drive is in there.....drivers were uninstalled and reinstalled......USB drivers work fine since I just reinstalled the setup.exe file via the device. Even if I formatted my HD and did not deactivate the product, this is only install #2 and owners are allowed 3 installs.....my registry has been edited to remove all instances of the word 'genie' in case that was an issue. I periodically format my HD and this is the only app that's given me trouble - the only thing I can guess is that the activation is tied-in with the IP. Plz help!
Captain-Linger

Postby GenieLamp » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Well, first of all Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 only allows *2* activations, but from what you say, that's irrelevant at this moment in time.

From what you've said, you load up the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3, insert the Game Genie USB drive and nothing happens? I also assume you've inserted the Game Genie USB drive into your PC first, waited for Windows to recognise the device and then load the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 and still have the same problem?

Can I ask what version of Windows you're using?
GenieLamp
Game Genie Overlord

Postby Gabe123 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:49 pm

RumPirate69 wrote:Hello
Hopefully I can get an answer to my problem, I got my Game Genie today, did the installation I got a PS3 saved file to it, i go open the game genie i get a message
( if your game genie came with game genie usb drive, please insert it now. if your game genie came with license key, please enter it below) I plug in the game genie USB drive and it just does not do anything... the box says it comes with a activation code, my question is where is the code? or what do i do from here?

did you get the problem solved??? let me know cause if its gonna take a month then forget it
Gabe123
GG Fan

Postby Captain-Linger » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Forgive the late reply (note the post date was 2 days before Xmas) but I have been away for the last 2 weeks. Yes, the problem still persists. I have Windows 7 64-bit Premium Home Edition. I cleaned the registry of all things GG, as I have done in the past when serials/product keys have proven an issue; to no avail. It's not the USB drivers as I have uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled them, and the USB device is recognized as mass storage only (and all USB devices are recognized fine). I've done everything suggested: tried different ports, booted the GG software w/ and w/o the USB drive, and I've waited over an hour for both. Everything I've read on these forums leads me to believe it is an internet-related issue as the product key is tied-in with the IP/DNS/MAC address. By deactivating the software, it removes the association of the key with the internet protocol. I'd like to believe there is a fix that myself (and other consumers) can use to address this rather than being told we're SOL and sent a new GG. Attached is the error I'm receiving: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Captain-Linger

Postby GenieLamp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Daft question, but you are inserting the Game Genie USB drive when that screen appears?

I can guarantee it's not an internet related issue. If it was, you'd get an error message about it. What should happen is when you insert the Game Genie USB drive, it should detect it and it will show text under the 4 boxes which reads something along the lines of "Registering...". The fact you're not getting this indicates something else and it *may* be particular to your machine. Can you tell me if Windows 7 x64 shows the Game Genie USB drive while the "Activation" window is present?

And just for reference, we'll try our best to resolve this issue. We've not told anyone they are "SOL" because that's simply not our style.
GenieLamp
Game Genie Overlord

Postby Captain-Linger » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Yes, I've tried inserting it at the dialog prompt and also leaving it in for awhile beforehand. If it's asking for license key OR a USB device, wouldn't another key suffice?
Captain-Linger

Postby GenieLamp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:00 am

No, the License Key is separate to that of the Game Genie's that are supplied with the Game Genie USB drive.

I will send you a PM shortly with something I'd like you to check :)
GenieLamp
Game Genie Overlord

Postby Amiigo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:49 am

I have had no issues with mine until today when I updated it. Now every time my save files I modify with GG ended up corrupt. So I tried to uninstall then re install GG and now it asks for license key or USB drive which I don't have either. I tried system restore and that still does not work. I am feeling frustrated as heck.
Would You Kindly...?
Amiigo
GG Fan

Postby GenieLamp » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:51 am

Amiigo wrote:I have had no issues with mine until today when I updated it. Now every time my save files I modify with GG ended up corrupt. So I tried to uninstall then re install GG and now it asks for license key or USB drive which I don't have either. I tried system restore and that still does not work. I am feeling frustrated as heck.

So you don't have the Game Genie USB drive?
GenieLamp
Game Genie Overlord

Postby Amiigo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:51 pm

GenieLamp wrote:
Amiigo wrote:I have had no issues with mine until today when I updated it. Now every time my save files I modify with GG ended up corrupt. So I tried to uninstall then re install GG and now it asks for license key or USB drive which I don't have either. I tried system restore and that still does not work. I am feeling frustrated as heck.

Yeah, I lost it. But it seemed I didn't need it to transfer files cause I was using my portable hard drive to store and transfer my files instead. Now I'm screwed because I can't find it. So **** frustrating!
Would You Kindly...?
Amiigo
GG Fan

Postby Skiller » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Amiigo wrote:
GenieLamp wrote:

Yeah, I lost it. But it seemed I didn't need it to transfer files cause I was using my portable hard drive to store and transfer my files instead. Now I'm screwed because I can't find it. So **** frustrating!

That usb has always been needed to install the GG/Activate it even before the use of this new Activation process .. think of it like a Hardware key
Skiller
Freelancer

Postby Amiigo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:47 pm

Ok never mind I was able to find it and now I'm back in business.
Would You Kindly...?
Amiigo
GG Fan

Postby VITAGAMER » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:27 pm

Im having the same problem with my game genie and it happens to me this morning. I only have it install in my computer which has windows 7 ultimate edition 64 bit and every time I open it ask me for a license key and is telling me that I already have it activated but it doesnt work. Please I need help with my game genie asap.
VITAGAMER
GG Fan

Postby Dester77 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:21 pm

I have the problem too, it always prompt me to enter the license key whenever i tried to launch the GG. Pls help... I'm stuck now
Dester77

Postby GenieLamp » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:14 pm

No, it asks you to insert the Game Genie USB drive OR enter a License Key. If you have the Game Genie USB drive, you should insert it at that point. If you have a License Key, enter it and press OK and all should work fine.

If it doesn't, please give us more information such as if you have a Game Genie USB drive or a License Key and any error messages and error codes that appear :)
GenieLamp
Game Genie Overlord

Postby tyzon420 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Hello been searching the forums for awhile all i need is my activation code re sent to my email adress i cant pm people yet cause not enough posts please help wheneveer possible
tyzon420

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:17 pm

you can pm now. You only need one post. Send GenieLamp a PM.
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby Xytras666 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:33 pm

I have a problem with license as well. sending a pm
Xytras666

Postby jarel1jasper » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi Sirs and Mr. GenieLamp

I just reformatted my PC and tried to install the the GG to my PC. It is now asking for an Activation code. I purchased a digital copy last march 12, 2014 via Paypal. Tried looking for any email regarding the activation key and i might have lost it.

How do I get my activation key? to whom do i send any information to get it?

I tried to PM mr. GenieLamp, but i am unable to yet.. it says need to participate Blah, blah.

Will Appreciate the help. Thanks.
jarel1jasper

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:16 am

you just need one post to be able to PM. You can now send him a PM with the email you used to purchase the GG and he can resend the activation email. Be sure to include that email address, PayPal Transaction ID, date of purchase and full name. Include as much of that as you can. If he needs more he will tell you.
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby MDA » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:00 pm

I recently had to reinstall Windows (64 bit) and game genie on my computer because my PC's motherboard crashed and need replacement. I downloaded the game genie install file from your website and installed directly to my PC, but I still need a license code. I think I was at my limit of 2 activations before the PC crashed and will pay for a activation key of needed. The only link on your website to buy Game Genie PS3 is linking to Amazon, and Amazon is asking $250.00 for a new Game Genie. I'm not paying $250.00 for a Game Genie that retailed for $30-$40 new! Amazon must think I've lost all sense of reality to pay $250.

If possible please email me a new activation key to Cjadca@msn.com or provide me with a link to purchase a new Game Genie or pay for a working activation key
MDA

Postby sailor462 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:16 am

I am having the same problem.
sailor462

Postby nfadul » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:29 pm

I just received the US version of the Game Genie device which I purchased through Ebay. I downloaded the setup software and lauched it, I'm trying to activate my product but when I inserted the Game Genie USB nothing happens. The device shows up as a "Removable Device" in my Windows explorer window. I have tried this using 2 different laptops; one running Windows 8.1 64-Bit and the other running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

How do I go about activating my game genie software or obtaining the product key?
nfadul

Postby Skiller » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:37 am

nfadul wrote:I just received the US version of the Game Genie device which I purchased through Ebay. I downloaded the setup software and lauched it, I'm trying to activate my product but when I inserted the Game Genie USB nothing happens. The device shows up as a "Removable Device" in my Windows explorer window. I have tried this using 2 different laptops; one running Windows 8.1 64-Bit and the other running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

How do I go about activating my game genie software or obtaining the product key?

Ebay ? im guessing you Bought a Used Copy ?

would been best to get this here http://www.gamegenie.eu/ it does All EU/NTSC
Skiller
Freelancer

Postby Apollyon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:18 pm

I have an issue with my activation code also. Sending a PM to GenieLamp.
Apollyon

Return to Support for Game Genie Save Editor for Playstation 3