Make Game Genie Work Offline

All Support for the PS3

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Make Game Genie Work Offline

Postby SelectAll » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:08 am

I just found out that Hyperkin no longer support Game Genie which is really sad as i like this cheat sysytem a lot. I was wonder if it is possible to make Game Genie work offline without having to connect to a server? That way we can still use the codes that have been made by many of the staff and members.
Last edited by SelectAll on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SelectAll
GG Fan

Re: Make Game Genie Work Offline

Postby PikaFiend » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:29 am

Right now, it's not. And I wouldn't expect Hyperkin to make that option available. We can hope, but, I try not to.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Lancelot » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:22 am

So if they no longer support it, does that mean it will no longer get any code updates? Just wondering.

I bought Persona 5 for PS3 with the Game Genie in mind because I assumed that the Game Genie would be updated with Persona 5 codes at some point.

Now I am regretting buying the PS3 version of the game and am starting to wish I bought the PS4 version instead, since Save Wizard may end up supporting it.
"Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to crap on a lawnmower to be an astronaut." -jleemero (Kodewerx)
Lancelot
GG Fan

Postby PikaFiend » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:46 am

There may or may not be one update yet to come. Skiller said he wanted to do codes for P5. Can't say whether it'll happen or not, but them's the facts.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
GG Happy Helper

Postby Lancelot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:27 am

Thank you for the update! I hope he ends up going through with that and we see that as a final update. It would also be nice to see codes for The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel II. (I do not have the game yet, so I can't provide any saves yet, but I intend to get it eventually.) The first game is simply wonderful!

I guess I'd better start a save file for all of my PS3 games that are supported by Game Genie and start using codes I feel are essential before it goes offline permanently.

And thank you to rangeraragorn telling me about the Persona 5 starter saves. I appreciate that, although I generally prefer to edit it myself.

It's been a good run, I only wish it could have lasted a few years longer since I got Game Genie rather late in its life.
"Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to crap on a lawnmower to be an astronaut." -jleemero (Kodewerx)
Lancelot
GG Fan

Postby SelectAll » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Heres hoping for Persona 5 codes. I wonder if they wont update but will leave the servers up? That would be great.
SelectAll
GG Fan

Return to Support for Game Genie Save Editor for Playstation 3