How to \ Q and A

All Support for the PS3

Moderators: Gaarasaiyan, GameGenieBob

How to \ Q and A

Postby Skiller » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Thought i might bring this in to the Light over on here .. i started it a wile back on the CMP.. if GG has any isses with the Q And A that are asked feel free to take them ones out i did reword some depending on how they were worded on the CMP....
THis might do better in another section but this is what i thought for now :P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How do i Access Advanced mode?
A: Right clicking on the game save (of yours in GG) and picking Advanced mode
this will bring up a new screen
Note: If you want to get more advanced and use an external Hex device u can go to C:\Users\(USERID)\AppData\Local\Temp\PS3SE and u will see the Decrypted files that you have decrypted .. Do note u can use this section to find codes but u will have to add them using the GG/SE advanced or quick mode Add codes....

(Second note in advanced mode there are some hidden functions like CTRL+G this is address jumper there seems to be a bug sometimes were the hex value does not go in right when using CTRL+V or right click past sometimes it takes it as a DEC if there is no letters .. this same issue happens in the Search box on the bottom ......)

(note for Text field Advanced mode *First game Dragons Dogma* the seach function is set to use Text for this type)
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Q: Can i add my own games?
A: No. do to the way the Ps3 saves are it takes a lot of behind the scene work to get some game saves working fully .. Who knows if they will add 0 Code games but it’s a possibility.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Q: How do i add codes
A: In Quick mode if u right click on the cheat list a menu comes up to Add your own codes..

Q: How do i get my Profile so i can resign saves to my Profile..
A: right click on one of your Saves and go to Extract profile.. (it seems 4 profiles at a time is max)
(Note: Sometimes there is a bug when Extracting the Profile this has to do with the amount of users u have had on the ps3 if u have the normal 1-16 users then it be fine once u start deleting them is when this starts getting buggy .. might need to extract more than 1 profile u can tell this by doing a group download and downloading all your saves and extracting the profile of one and see if all take the same profile name. I don’t know if this issue is also made when doing data transfers)

ADD IN BIG NOTE: Its always best when making a Profile ID to make a Brand new save from your ps3 on the same day your making the ID this is just to Fix issues of maybe data being changed or something elts .. there has been issues were the profile does not match .. normaly this happens when the saves are older .. (maybe do to version)

Q: Do they have to have the game in the list for me to Resign a download save from another ps3..
A: No you can use the GG to resign anyone’s save to your own system and vice versa
(get a save from the system u want to move the save to Extract profile using GG .. grab whatever save and then right click on it in GG and click resign)

Q: Can I use US/Canada codes with saves of other regions?
A: in most cases yes, there will always be the case that u can’t it all depends on the file if the files are the same in the save you have a chance that it can be done ..
It might end up that the part used to decrypt the save is different (FF13-2) but in most cases this should not happen. all you need to do is find the NTSC counterpart and change the Main folders name of the PAL/JPN version to so example u have BLUS12345 for a game on the NTSC region u have the same game but yours is PAL and its BLES12394 so u take the folder and change it to BLUS12345 (use advanced mode first to try and open it, its always better to check before u try to mod) if it works your good

Q: Will Cheat device codes or eboot hack codes work for my save?
A: No the codes are meant for their relevant devices. Those devices are a different way of adding codes in that they add them live into the games code in real-time. Save editing is the modification of data at a fixed point in time (1-time mod). Once that point changes, things will change in save, for example if you give yourself 999 money and you gain 1, you will then have 1000 money or if you have 99 lives and die, you will lose a life and have 98.

Q: What Format Does Advanced Mode Use
A: Advanced Mode is just a Hex reader just like HxD or Hexworkshop it will open any save thats set to open
(note: there is also a setting to make the Advanced in text as well)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F |Data (Ascii)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for example ..

Max Money 9999
20000000 0000270F

So in advanced this would be

Address 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F |Data (Ascii)
00000000 00 00 27 0F
--------------------

Some games will use a reversed format
Max Money 9999
20000000 0F270000

Do Note: im using Normal and Reversed only for simpler words:P
Last edited by Skiller on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skiller
Freelancer

Re: How to \ Q and A

Postby Skiller » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:17 am

Code Types

0TXXXXXX 000000YY = 8Bit Write
1TXXXXXX 0000YYYY = 16Bit Write
2TXXXXXX YYYYYYYY = 32Bit Write

X= Address/Offset
Y= Value to write
T=Address/Offset type (0 = Normal / 8 = Offset From Pointer

Multi Write
4TXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
4NNNWWWW VVVVVVVV

X= Address/Offset
Y= Value to write (Starting)
N=Times to Write
W=Increase Address By
V=Increase Value By
T=Address/Offset type
Normal/Pointer
0 / 8 = 8bit
1 / 9 = 16bit
2 / A = 32bit

Search Type
8ZZZXXXX YYYYYYYY

Z= Amount of times to find before Write
X= Amount of data to Match
Y= Seach For (note can be xtended for more just continue it like YYYYYYYY YYYYYYYY under it)
Once u have your Seach type done then place one of the standerd code types under it with setting T to the Pointer type

Fill Type
ATXXXXXX 0000YYYY

T = type 0 = Normal Address 8 = Pointer Style
X = Address/Offset
Y = Amount to Fill

A0000000 0000000C
99999999 99999999
99999999 00000000
would write 99 From 00 to 0B
Last edited by Skiller on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skiller
Freelancer

Postby Chaoszage » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:47 pm

@Skiller

Please include this search info to Q/A.

to search Hex data in GG,put 0x in front of the hex value e.g:
0xF
0xFF
0xFFFF
0xFFFFFFFF

searching a dec is up to 65535(FFFF) only.
Thanks "You" for sharing this.
I never knew there is a function like this lol
Chaoszage
Game Genie Addict

Postby prototype2020 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:32 am

Hi, i have to reinstall windows and i don't want to loose the cheats i have added! How to backup the user's added cheats?
prototype2020
GG Fan

Postby GenieLamp » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:07 am

copy the .xml file somewhere and don't forget to de-activate your Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3!

Once you've activated Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3, close it and look for the Game Genie folder in Documents. Once you find that folder, copy the .xml file back :)
GenieLamp
Game Genie Overlord

Postby prototype2020 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:15 am

Ok, thank you for remind me to de-activate GG before!
prototype2020
GG Fan

Postby ShadowMokujin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:37 pm

I having trouble with advance mode i cant seem to type letters only numbers in the search bar
ShadowMokujin

Postby Sundaerae » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 am

is there any way to copy x bytes from one address to another?
Sundaerae
GG Fan

Postby ryuhosuke » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:28 am

What version does this Game Genie support on the Ps3?
ryuhosuke

Postby GameGenieBob » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:12 pm

ShadowMokujin wrote:I having trouble with advance mode i cant seem to type letters only numbers in the search bar

You must start your search with 0x

Sundaerae wrote:is there any way to copy x bytes from one address to another?

It is possible to create a Quick code to do that for you. But you can't copy and paste within Advanced mode. What you could do is write down the bytes you want to copy, then press CTRL + G and type "0x#### or 0x'########" to get to the address you want, where you can just type in the bytes you wanted there.
(#### or ######## is the address location)

ryuhosuke wrote:What version does this Game Genie support on the Ps3?

What exactly do you mean by that?
Want to uploaded a save file for us to look at?
Make sure you read this first!

http://forum.thegamegenie.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4626#p24845

Any saves uploaded with no information will be deleted WITHOUT warning.
GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby PikaFiend » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:41 am

I think the question is about whether GG stops functioning after a certain version of PS3's firmware.
"Insanity is just a state of mind." ~ Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce
PikaFiend
Game Genie Star

Postby t_jay17 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Does the game genie support games from multiple regions like a pal or Japanese game?
t_jay17

Postby iamjmph01 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:13 pm

is there now, or will there ever be, a way to select multiple cheats at the same time?
Like, for one of the games with multiple characters? Being able to check all or something like that, or use shift to highlight everything in between two codes and check selected... or something.... i haven't been able to figure it out if a way already exists....
iamjmph01
GG Fan

Postby GameGenieBob » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:54 pm

The only way to currently select multiple cheats (that I use) is to use the Down Arrow to go down the list of Cheats and press Space Bar to select the cheat.

Once you get used to it, you can select a bunch of cheats real fast.
Want to uploaded a save file for us to look at?
Make sure you read this first!

http://forum.thegamegenie.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4626#p24845

Any saves uploaded with no information will be deleted WITHOUT warning.
GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby iamjmph01 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:50 pm

thanks gamegeniebob... that is what i currently do... i was just wondering if i could find a quicker way....
iamjmph01
GG Fan

Postby cloudaven » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:32 pm

how do i copy and paste codes that are created to quick mode with out typing in a billion codes
cloudaven
Game Genie Star

Postby cloudaven » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:17 pm

I am running game genie in admin
for some reason the gamegenie wont let me copy and paste my quick codes to it
i have tried control-c and control-v
i have tried control-x and control-v
i have tried right clicking on the quick code menu and clicking paste it does nothing
i have tried copying quick codes from a web site to paste on the gamegenie didnt work
i have tried copying my codes from word to paste on the gamegenie didnt work
i have tried coping my codes from notepad to paste on the gamegenie didnt work
i reienstalled gamegenie and retried the about solutions it didnt work
so now i am frustrated
cloudaven
Game Genie Star

Postby Sundaerae » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:17 pm

GameGenieBob wrote:It is possible to create a Quick code to do that for you.

Yes, this is what I'm looking for, can anyone explain how to do that? It's very useful for NIS games that store their items in form of a static array.

example case: I want to read the content from address 00000000 to 00000009 (10 bytes) and copy it to address 0000000A to 00000013
Now how can I do that? The code types that Skiller gives can't do this.

if this was cwcheat, the code types is this
Code: Select all
Copy Bytes 0x5aaaaaaa 0xnnnnnnnn
0xbbbbbbbb 0x00000000
This command will copy part of the memory from one area to another
aaaaaaa = Address to copy from
bbbbbbbb = Address to copy to
nnnnnnnn = Number of bytes to copy

which makes the code for example address is
Code: Select all
50000000 0000000A
0000000A 00000000

But I don't know whether GameGenie using the same opcode for that
Sundaerae
GG Fan

Postby Kitsune » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Skiller wrote:Multi Write
4TXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
4NNNWWWW VVVVVVVV

X= Address/Offset
N=Times to Write
W=Increase Address By
V=Increase Value By
T=Address/Offset type
Normal/Pointer
0 / 8 = 8bit
1 / 9 = 16bit
2 / A = 32bit

Can someone explain to me what "W=Increase Address By" means? I don't fully understand that part.

If you can, use this as an example.

42008200 FFFFFFFF
40030080 00000000

Looking at the code, does this mean that, as it is writing "FFFFFFFF" three times, it will write it once at "8200", and again at "8280", and the last at "8300"?

Please and thank you for the help.

Also, what are "Pointers"? The codes for "8, 9, A" all show for "Pointers". I don't understand this at all.
Kitsune
Contributer

Postby Vegerunks » Tue May 13, 2014 6:40 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Skiller wrote:Multi Write
4TXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
4NNNWWWW VVVVVVVV

X= Address/Offset
N=Times to Write
W=Increase Address By
V=Increase Value By
T=Address/Offset type
Normal/Pointer
0 / 8 = 8bit
1 / 9 = 16bit
2 / A = 32bit

Can someone explain to me what "W=Increase Address By" means? I don't fully understand that part.

If you can, use this as an example.

42008200 FFFFFFFF
40030080 00000000

Looking at the code, does this mean that, as it is writing "FFFFFFFF" three times, it will write it once at "8200", and again at "8280", and the last at "8300"?

Please and thank you for the help.

Also, what are "Pointers"? The codes for "8, 9, A" all show for "Pointers". I don't understand this at all.

You got that exactly right Increase address by just means to move the cursor over that many times.

Pointers are if you use the search code. This allows you to use a multi-write search code which saves a lot of trouble.
Vegerunks
Contributer

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:31 pm

I had to split this topic and create a new one bc there were things here that had nothing to do with this topic. Check the new topic created!
Search is your best friend! Use it!!!
If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

"A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I’ll expect a good fight."
-- Heathcliff
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Return to Support for Game Genie Save Editor for Playstation 3