Feedback Section

All Support for the PS3

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Feedback Section

Postby BuddyBoy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:39 am

Well figured this would be well needed for the community, we need one so we as the community can help make GG better. To help improve existing while offering ideas for new features and fixes. So Feel free to leave feed back and even suggest ideas.

Well first off,
Quick Mode Improvements
Making it so you can have a Category of a code instead of one massive list.

i.e

-Max HP for Characters: Section would Collapse and Expand as needed for the user
-Character 1 (Code would go in here like any normal code)
-Character 2
-Character 3

This I personally think would make a LOT of difference, would allow users to make cheats that are easy and organized. Cause we wont have ALL the cheats made right off the bat,namely if the game is just released and the community is only just working on them.

Sorting Custom Quick Cheats (with GG made cheats as well)

I.e

Max Hp - A
Max Damage Z
Max Hp - B
Max Damage - x

Allowing us to sort them we could change cheats we have that where put in over time or in any order into a way we the users find most desirable.

So the example above can go from being messy to being neat

I.e2

Max Hp - A
Max Hp - B
Max Damage - x
Max Damage Z

Advance Mode Improvements

Game Notes:

Lets say I gotta find Code A, I've found it before but I dont remember it off hand but I can goto GG site and find it again. With the Game Note, you can make notes in a little space to the right of the Hex Sheet and leave notes like "Hex Code for Item A is Xyz or other little notes to make it easier on you the user.

It can also be used a Item Table, lets say we the users or a GG staff member provides a list of all the items. We can make a Note for the game that LISTS all items we've found so we can use it as a table of contents.

Also allowing us to make Multi Notes for a game is a MUST. So we dont get a cluster of text and we can name each note and use them accordingly.

Hex Code Bookmarking:
For the unchanging portion of hex code, It would have a book mark for easy location. A little drop down box would be at the top of the Window above the hex table and it would hold the locations of all bookmarked hex. Book marking could be as easy as right click and book mark.
BuddyBoy
GG Fan

Re: Feedback Section

Postby Matrix49g » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Side by side comparison with simply features, I guess it could be taxing on your servers as it will be doing possibly two files decryption, but only one file rewrite.
Matrix49g
GG Fan

Postby ratandjmt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Matrix49g wrote:Side by side comparison with simply features, I guess it could be taxing on your servers as it will be doing possibly two files decryption, but only one file rewrite.

This would be very helpful. Especially when you are working on games like Fallout.

1. I would also like to see Game Genie put a post on Facebook when there isn't going to be a update. It would prevent mutiple post asking "Where is the update", or it would at least consolidate all of the comments in one location.

2. Can we get a check all block
ratandjmt
Contributer

Postby Rimlick the Mighty » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:58 pm

don't know if this goes here or not, but the codes for tamed monsters in FFXIII-2 work until you do anything for that monster like infusion or go into a battle, then it just resets them back to um-modded status. it doesn't bother me that much but i would like it looked at or fixed. thanks!
Rimlick the Mighty
Senior GG Member

Postby BuddyBoy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:33 am

Matrix49g wrote:Side by side comparison with simply features, I guess it could be taxing on your servers as it will be doing possibly two files decryption, but only one file rewrite.

I like this, for people like me and many others this would make using Advance mode or any mode for it much easier.

ratandjmt wrote:

This would be very helpful. Especially when you are working on games like Fallout.

1. I would also like to see Game Genie put a post on Facebook when there isn't going to be a update. It would prevent mutiple post asking "Where is the update", or it would at least consolidate all of the comments in one location.

2. Can we get a check all block

1. I think maybe a kind of Relay Display on the Cheat App itself, Like a sliding Message at the top that works like a "Latest News Display" would work even better but FB would be good as well.

2. I'm surprised at myself for not suggesting this with how many times I've gone and said "**** thats a lot of things to check, Why isnt their a check all"

Rimlick the Mighty wrote:don't know if this goes here or not, but the codes for tamed monsters in FFXIII-2 work until you do anything for that monster like infusion or go into a battle, then it just resets them back to um-modded status. it doesn't bother me that much but i would like it looked at or fixed. thanks!

Yes this is the wrong section, you can make a new thread regarding the issue but please be sure to use the search feature to avoid repeat posts in case this had already been brought up and if so their might be a solution.
BuddyBoy
GG Fan

Postby Gaarasaiyan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:59 pm

You guys do realise you can do comparisons using the decrypted saves in another hex editor such as HxD right?

If you don't like what a mod does or says message me, but be warned they are merely enforcing the rules. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly feel free to PM me and I will review the issue.
Gaarasaiyan
Lead Admin

Postby BuddyBoy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Gaarasaiyan wrote:You guys do realise you can do comparisons using the decrypted saves in another hex editor such as HxD right?

Fully aware Gaara, least I myself am.

Rimlick the Mighty wrote:hey i used quick mode for my skyrim save and it now it says that the save belongs to another user and i cant save, i did not resign or extract the profile at all

Restore Older Save, Retry it. Also make sure to search the threat for anything else on this before you make a thread on it cause this isnt the right threat for that question.
BuddyBoy
GG Fan

Postby SilverArrow » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Personally I've found a poor deactivation system: if you can't open the program or for some reason the program can't connect to the GG server and you want to deactivate it before uninstalling, simply you can't. (that happened to me with the EU version, but I suppose that the US version has the same feature). You should insert an account system linked with the GG key, so you can manage your activated systems through maybe the GG website, or at least a separate program that allow the user to deactivate it without open GG.
Signature by ~ZatchX17 @ deviantart.com
SilverArrow

Postby x-chan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Internal Side by side comparison of saves would put this device somewhere close to god mode. If not that, the ability to paste data into any of the three fields in advanced mode. Honestly, I feel the application itself is weak, while the ability and possibility it harnesses is pretty powerful. A few hours in advanced mode and I can get anything I'd need from any game on the list. with the right internal features, this could only take minutes.

-edit-
Just remembered something relatively easy to fix. A code building guide, with the code types, and builds that the game genie for ps3 uses would be pretty well awesome.
x-chan

Postby GameGenieBob » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:12 am

x-chan wrote:Internal Side by side comparison of saves would put this device somewhere close to god mode. If not that, the ability to paste data into any of the three fields in advanced mode. Honestly, I feel the application itself is weak, while the ability and possibility it harnesses is pretty powerful. A few hours in advanced mode and I can get anything I'd need from any game on the list. with the right internal features, this could only take minutes.

-edit-
Just remembered something relatively easy to fix. A code building guide, with the code types, and builds that the game genie for ps3 uses would be pretty well awesome.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I can't think of anything I'd like to add to that to be honest.
Want to uploaded a save file for us to look at?
Make sure you read this first!

http://forum.thegamegenie.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4626#p24845

Any saves uploaded with no information will be deleted WITHOUT warning.
GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby Raijin1999 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:13 am

GG needs a text based 'find and replace' feature. This would help in every advanced mode category, but even moreso for fully exposed saves like Dragon's Dogma. Being able to replace string text with simple text would be so much easier. Currently if you copy out the entire dragon's dogma save info out to a text file and then use a text editor's find & replace option, then attempt to paste that back into the save it goes all Kermit crazy arm flail on you and won't register anything. GG can't handle a complete format dump like that and won't properly assemble it. So for all those lines of code in the dragon's dogma save, for example, that are listed as <u32 value="0"/> that you are trying to turn into <u32 value="4294967295"/> you will have to manually type it out over 200 times. O_O

Some pretty old nes, genesis and super nintendo rom emulators had built in tracking features. With a static save, no reason GG couldn't benefit from the same type of feature, especially if it was able to search and translate string text into hex/dec to really help folks pin down values and work with the oddball hex/dec value conversions without blowing blood vessels.

Would also help if you could highlight a chunk of data and then search within those bounds so you don't have to sift through the entire save (ie: you already know the general area where a value you want to edit is going to be). This bit would help much with saves that can radically change with any save overwrite in-game that makes values move around all over the place (Skyrim, Fallout/etc).
Raijin1999
Contributer

Postby kmcgee69 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Fix the connecting to server error problems.
kmcgee69

Postby Greazy » Sat May 04, 2013 8:50 am

Yes code types and build is needed. They sell us a device without giving us all the needed information. They want us to use advance mode but we only know what basic code types that are used. If we don't know all of them I feel that advance mode is pretty basic. We really need to know all code types so we can really start enjoying our device to its fullest potential. But what do you guys think? Do you think they will give us the missing information that should of been there from the beginning or do you think they will give us an excuse as to why they can't? I really do hope they will give us the information! It's like selling you a model plane without the instructions. It can be built but you don't know if you used every piece properly or your left with unused parts and have no idea where they went and how you missed them.
Greazy
GG Fan

Postby freedysagas » Thu May 09, 2013 2:51 pm

hello friends, the site of the game genie has a link to download the program to my pc right? I would like to know how do to buy the passkey, I also wonder if I can use my pendrive to transfer the saves to my ps3.

freedysagas

Postby Carbuncle » Tue May 21, 2013 3:35 am

Some suggestions
1: The elimination of session time limits(or at least a countdown timer telling us how long we have left). I was just doing some extensive inventory edits for Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and when I went to finally save it I was informed my session had timed out. So I lost 2 hours of work.....
2: Change the find function in advanced mode so we get a "could not find" message when you can't find a term.
Carbuncle

Postby GameGenieBob » Tue May 21, 2013 6:57 am

I quite like those suggestions Carbuncle. I shall pass them on to our overlords for consideration.
Want to uploaded a save file for us to look at?
Make sure you read this first!

http://forum.thegamegenie.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4626#p24845

Any saves uploaded with no information will be deleted WITHOUT warning.
GameGenieBob
The One & Only

Postby LoA_Ryu » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:27 pm

How about adding in a lock for advanced mode to prevent adding new codes. That way you could release single player codes for games that also have a multiplayer mode, without having to worry about someone abusing the advanced mode to get an advantage in multiplayer game play.
LoA_Ryu

Postby HebiKumo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:06 pm

On the home page the "Current Game List" is broken and displays nothing. Been like this for quite a few days.
HebiKumo

Postby GenieLamp » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:35 pm

Thanks, I will get that looked into.
GenieLamp
Game Genie Overlord

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Lamp, any luck with the website? I still go on there sometimes to look for a game that's supported and it's still not up. It was showing "Page Can Not Be Displayed" but now it's just blank!
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Postby BigTrain » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:59 pm

I love the "Advanced Mode" feature with GG but I was wondering if there was a way that you could make the mode available to all games and not just the games that GG provides cheats for?
BigTrain
GG Fan

Postby ss4gogeta069 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:04 pm

The game save has to be decrypted before it can give you advanced mode so the answer would be it's not possible. All games have different encryption so there's no way to make advanced available to all.
Self-proclaimed resident Vita guru. If you have any questions PM me :-)

Follow me on Twitter @johnfrazarjr and visit me at HackInformer for all your Vita, PS3 and gaming news!

PS2
PS3 - OFW - Latest FW
PS3 - CFW
PS Vita - 3.50 eCFW
PS4
Wii
3DS
DS Lite
ss4gogeta069
Super Saiyan

Return to Support for Game Genie Save Editor for Playstation 3