Still Supported?

All Support for the PS3

Moderators: PikaFiend, Kitsune, Gaarasaiyan

Still Supported?

Postby beeporama » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:58 pm

Is Game Genie for Playstation 3 still supported at all? I'm on a "retro" kick (as much as the PS3 is retro to a guy who got an Atari 2600 when they were new) and would love to mod a few save files.
beeporama

Re: Still Supported?

Postby Badger1975 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:58 pm

I am wandering also if Game Genie is still going or did they stop on the PS3???

I still play PS3 and I want to continue using my Game Genie since I bought it new and have been using it for awhile now and now I can't even reinstall it or use it do to errors with their servers. =(
Badger1975
Contributer

Postby Kitsune » Mon May 14, 2018 4:43 pm

The program should still work but support is done.
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Postby Badger1975 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:23 pm

No it won't work since I had to re-install mine and it won't install do to an error not being able to connect to the US server to check for an update so it is the server that is the problem since it won't let the software run either when it is installed since it need the server to work.
Badger1975
Contributer

Postby Arik De Frasia » Tue May 29, 2018 8:55 am

Badger1975 wrote:No it won't work since I had to re-install mine and it won't install do to an error not being able to connect to the US server to check for an update so it is the server that is the problem since it won't let the software run either when it is installed since it need the server to work.

Just reinstalled it after a few years of not using it and it works/connects just fine. You might want to check your firewall settings.
Arik De Frasia
GG Fan

Postby Kitsune » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:19 am

Well, I just tested it and I had no issues. I was doing some PC Save Editing for a game that is also on GG and used the cheats to find data in the PC version.

It loaded up, applied cheats, uploaded and downloaded perfectly fine. Both Quick Mode and Advanced Mode work.
rangeraragorn wrote:In my opinion, if you don’t contribute, you shouldn’t be complaining.
Kitsune
Site Admin

Return to Support for Game Genie Save Editor for Playstation 3